Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

Kinda my line of thinking. I want tandem 16'+ open trailer.

give hills a call http://www.hillequipmenttrailers.com

unless the prices went up should be able to pick one up for around $1600, dont go by the price on their web site its never right

Edited by 2talltim

Let me know as soon as you can so i can offer the trailer spot to somone else. I know its still 5 months out but i like to have things figured ahead of time.

Will do, as of right now keep everything how it is. It's like pulling teeth convincing Tim this is an awesome trip and he should go lol.

I've ridden in both areas and while Tenn/NC is awesome, ain't no comparison to the Badlands and South Dakota with the Rockies in the backdrop.

To some it's the technical quality of the roads, to others it's the scenery. Depends on who's making the comparison doesn't it?

When it comes to comparing KY/TN/NC/GA roads to CO/western roads, it's an apples-to-oranges thing. In general, the east has more 'technical' roads than the west, in that they are usually tighter, narrower, and slower-speed corners, whereas the west generally has more high-speed sweepers. I'll grant you that there are exceptions to the rule, but both are enjoyable in their unique character. And I'll definitely give the nod to the west for scenery and vistas! :bow:

Would you mind if TimTheAsian and I took the second room? My cabin has 5 people in it so if its alright with them I will move. I have already commit to them though so I need them to chime in here if thats alright. Debating on trailering down too, would make it easier and I would not mind a Dragon trip in the Mazda :D

I can only say maybe at this point.

We would prefer another male/female couple at this point to share space with. It would give Kristi someone to chat with while we are there.

Biggie

I can only say maybe at this point.

We would prefer another male/female couple at this point to share space with. It would give Kristi someone to chat with while we are there.

Biggie

My wife and I are wanting to go, we are going to trailer down... she doesn't ride but was planning on spending her days at the pool/bar relaxing and maybe one day riding w/ /me. PM me and let me know.

My wife and I are wanting to go, we are going to trailer down... she doesn't ride but was planning on spending her days at the pool/bar relaxing and maybe one day riding w/ /me. PM me and let me know.

That sounds a lot like what I expect Kristi to be doing as well with a little bit of riding thrown in if she feels like it.

Estimated to be about $250 per couple for the 3 nights in the cabin (after taxes).

Biggie

Yes. Colorado is far more better. You should go there. No sense cluttering the fun... er' date=' I mean lackluster roads in the Smokies with more parked Harley Davidsons.[/quote']

Thanks for the dis-invitation! Nothing lackluster about the Smokies, never meant that. I lived in Tennessee for several years back in the 60's so I have seen lots of that area. There's just something about the western states that is so alluring....

To some it's the technical quality of the roads, to others it's the scenery. Depends on who's making the comparison doesn't it?

You got me there, its always 'in the eye of the beholder' isn't it?

That sounds a lot like what I expect Kristi to be doing as well with a little bit of riding thrown in if she feels like it.

Estimated to be about $250 per couple for the 3 nights in the cabin (after taxes).

Biggie

PM sent!

Meh' date=' I'm used to being left in the dust by faster riders. Chris is no exception to that rule. I'm a mid-pack rider where I come from. This is nice, because so many fast guys have superb buttocks to admire.[/quote']

I enjoy playing keep up with CBRJess for that exact reason.

I'll just meet you guys at the end :D

I suggest the BBQ place by the gas station at the end for meeting. Or if you go behind that and into town down on the right there is the most amazing bakery in the world. Then there is the ice cream place right across from the motorcycle outfitters store. Not the IP but still an interesting store.

Then again right outside of town to the west is a place that is famous for grilled cheese sammich's.

I should move down there and be a tour guide for bikers.

I suggest the BBQ place by the gas station at the end for meeting. Or if you go behind that and into town down on the right there is the most amazing bakery in the world. Then there is the ice cream place right across from the motorcycle outfitters store. Not the IP but still an interesting store.

Then again right outside of town to the west is a place that is famous for grilled cheese sammich's.

Dammit. It's because of you that I'm going to lose all of my money to food this trip!

still havent been to that place but there was another once you turned left onto whatever that cross highway in Tellico is about .5 mile down on the right. We ate there and it was fantastic. Last year when we got through Tellico we had already eaten lunch somewhere else. I've yet to have a BBQ meal down there that wasn't damn good

still havent been to that place but there was another once you turned left onto whatever that cross highway in Tellico is about .5 mile down on the right. We ate there and it was fantastic. Last year when we got through Tellico we had already eaten lunch somewhere else. I've yet to have a BBQ meal down there that wasn't damn good

That is Walt's or Wally's or some W name. It is actually better than the one next to the gas station, imho. But the gas station one is very good too, as you said BBQ in that area is awesome.

Dammit. It's because of you that I'm going to lose all of my money to food this trip!

Be sure to get to Franklin NC...down 28 about 30 miles or so from where everyone is staying. Caffe Rel. Get a bowl, not a cup, of the Blue Crab Bisque. Stuff is like liquid crack. I am serious, you must go there. It is attached to the gas station in Franlin on the far left corner of the first major intersection as you come into town.

Also in Maggie Valley on the same side of the street as the bike museum is a big white diner that has amazing pan fried trout.

Yeah. That was where JewMatt dropped his cole slaw. I had much amusement at his expense.

Lyns and I stopped for trout at Pappy's' date=' but were told they only serve it for supper, now. I had pulled pork and Lyns had a cigarette. :lol:[/quote']

damnit I wanted to finally try the trout. I wasn't too impressed with their ribs but all you guys were raving about the trout