Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

Still looking for someone to bunk with, if I can't I will have to do the campsite thing. :rain:

Sorry dude, if I had known (I didn't read the whole thread) I would have secured a 2BR cabin.

I had thought about riding down but I think I'll trailer the zed down. The ride wouldn't be too bad but hauling extra clothes, gear, etc would make it not so fun. Currently my trailer is only big enough to hold my bike but I may be investing in a larger trailer this spring so I may be able to give someone a ride. I'll update as appropriate.

Sorry dude, if I had known (I didn't read the whole thread) I would have secured a 2BR cabin.

I had thought about riding down but I think I'll trailer the zed down. The ride wouldn't be too bad but hauling extra clothes, gear, etc would make it not so fun. Currently my trailer is only big enough to hold my bike but I may be investing in a larger trailer this spring so I may be able to give someone a ride. I'll update as appropriate.

Yeah we actually have a group that is riding the whole way and seeing as how this is my first Gap trip I want to do it that way.

Yeah I was looking at that, I have time so at the moment it is the last option.

Um, no, you don't really have time. The entire area will be booked if you keep dragging your feet. There are several groups that go that weekend and it is the busy time of the year that's why we do this thread and booking so far ahead. It will be full and you will be shit out of luck if you wait to book

Maybe next year, I'll just stay here and ride Hocking.

Hey man if money is an issue right now and thats why you are waiting, you do not have to pay in full now, I believe just a small deposit if any.

Its not money that is then issue, Deals is a huge trip way out of my comfot zone and not having people around to talk to and ease my nervousness is likely to trigger a panic attack and ruin my whole trip.

??? There's going to be 50+ of us there to talk to

Down a long fucking hill. One hell of a walk, get a cabin or a lodge room

Yes, camp site isn't exactly within walking distance. Hell, the lodge can be a tiring walk to some of the cabins, with all the hills.

But there will be others camping, not everyone stays in the lodge.

Chris

Its not money that is then issue, Deals is a huge trip way out of my comfot zone and not having people around to talk to and ease my nervousness is likely to trigger a panic attack and ruin my whole trip.

When you get there find turnone (Chris) and follow him around on a ride:D

Edited by Hutch

When you get there find turnone (Chris) and follow him around on a ride:D

I won't be so slow this year, as last was my first trip ever to the Gap! :D

Always looking for new riding buddies and would be happy to help anyone.

Chris

You're assuming he wants to drink. Maybe he likes to wake up and actually get on his bike before 8 o'clock. :dunno:

Quite accurate, I don't really drink much unless it is a social gathering ( weddings, birthdays) because people with PTSD tend to form addictions easier than most and for me that is my bike.

Too much dew on the roads at 8am

I know I'm quite slower than you but I'm guessing I'm far more paranoid when it comes to road hazards and even I don't worry about dew for this trip :D