Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

So long as it's just a nightly closure it shouldn't really affect most of us
Correct. NCDOT says nighttime closures. At like 9p I think. So as long as you make it back to Fontana before that you should be fine. Shouldn't be a big deal for us at all. It was posted a few pages back.

Here is the email I just got from the folks that run the tail of the Dragon store and website. I sent them an email asking about the road and bridge closure just to confirm everything.

Tim:We have officially confirmed with NCDOT - bridge repair over Cheoah Lake, a mile west of Fontana (near campground, below the dam). Bridge closed to traffic at night fr 8pm until8am. Possible single lane traffic during daytime. Work starts Monday May 20, contract calls for completion in 180 days, expected to be done sooner. Detour will be paved (and curvy) Meadow Branch (across from Tapoco Lodge) and Rhymers Ferry to the back of Fontana Village. It will be well marked. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT TRAFFIC ON THE DRAGON.Stop in and say hello at the Big Dragon.Ron and Nancy

so I hope that eases sone minds and clarifies things

Edited by 2talltim

Fyi to the people still planning on camping. The campground is by the bridge so not sure about what traffic flow will be like getting in and out of the campground

Edited by 2talltim

Maybe i missed it, Ben did you get anything figured out about the fire pit?

I tried to get ahold of the FZ1 guys with no luck. I posted back a while ago saying worst case scenario we just use our cabin's firepit. We will for sure Thursday night be burning wood at our cabin and having a meet and greet. This way everyone can meet each other and plan when/where they're meeting and riding. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe i missed it, Ben did you get anything figured out about the fire pit?

I tried to get ahold of the FZ1 guys with no luck. I posted back a while ago saying worst case scenario we just use our cabin's firepit. We will for sure Thursday night be burning wood at our cabin and having a meet and greet. This way everyone can meet each other and plan when/where they're meeting and riding.

:ph34r:werd

I'm getting freaking excited.

I know right. Only 4 more working days till im on vaycay, but i have to get everything ready for the gap this weekend because we are leaving for Myrtle beach with the kids next friday and im workin 12 hrs all next week.