Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2014

Casper

Just posted on another forum I get on from a gap local-

For those of you coming, we've had a whacky spring.. in the 10 days before memorial day we had at least 4 airlifts from Deals gap (and by the lake leading to it), and 2 deaths already this year on the gap. Then we started getting THP attention outside the norm. Now since Memorial day, the Blount Country Sheriffs Office has been out of character, with putting School Resource Officers who are off for Summer break up on the gap at odd hours and in qty, and there have been way more tickets than usual. THP hasn't been on the hill since memorial day except one car for a couple of hours.

Last Friday NCHP did a roadblock on 28 in the morning, then wrote tickets on 129 and 143 for a good bit of the day (totally unheard of from the NC side).

So just a heads up, be appropriately cautious and aware that enforcement might be more present than it has in the past.

• Upvote 3

Just posted on another forum I get on from a gap local-

For those of you coming, we've had a whacky spring.. in the 10 days before memorial day we had at least 4 airlifts from Deals gap (and by the lake leading to it), and 2 deaths already this year on the gap. Then we started getting THP attention outside the norm. Now since Memorial day, the Blount Country Sheriffs Office has been out of character, with putting School Resource Officers who are off for Summer break up on the gap at odd hours and in qty, and there have been way more tickets than usual. THP hasn't been on the hill since memorial day except one car for a couple of hours.

Last Friday NCHP did a roadblock on 28 in the morning, then wrote tickets on 129 and 143 for a good bit of the day (totally unheard of from the NC side).

So just a heads up, be appropriately cautious and aware that enforcement might be more present than it has in the past.

Be careful everyone.

Me too.

I've been trying to fit 20 lbs of crap into a 10 lb bag. There just aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week.

It's just crap, throw ten pounds of it away.

• Upvote 1

If it wasn't for leaving the country in 2 weeks for a Caribbean island, I'm pretty certain I would officially lose my mind and need to be in the loony bin

We've got our plans together!  If anyone else is thinking about riding down and wants some company, you're welcome to meet Marlboro Man and I at McDonalds on Stringtown Rd. in Grove City at 8:20am.  We're riding to Cumberland falls, hiking, then taking some back roads the rest of the way to the gap.