What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This System is a must have for old fat has been's that get stuck alone in the wilderness.

Motorcycle Recovery System (MRS)?
The MRS is a z-drag rope-and-pulley system originally developed for mountaineering and rescue teams. That system was modified for motorcycle recovery operations. Recovery refers to the process of getting the bike back on the road or trail after taking an unexpected detour, or the process of getting the bike out of a bog or a sandpit.
https://bestrestproducts.com/shop/recovery-gear-mrs-system/motorcycle-recovery-system-mrs/

• Upvote 2

Got money for the kaw. She's gone tomorrow or Tuesday. After paying off a vet bill and my credit card, I'll be buying the vintage Honda some new pipes. 

So I'm looking at either delkevic full stainless system or carpy's yoshimura reproduction exhaust. Really not sure which way to go here. Carpy's looks awesome, has removable baffle and is $280 in raw steel, so I'd have to either ceramic coat or use header paint. 

I forget how much the delkevic is, but it's stainless and weldless. Everything is held together with springs, which looks cool. It has a 3 stage baffle, so it can be quiet, louder, or obnoxious. 

Picked up a mustang seat and a sissy bar to make the wife happy. Hooped up a fresh set of Angel gt A spec's.  Waiting on a big air kit, block off plates and a power commander for me. 

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I need to get a rear slick mounted at some point, maybe I'll venture over to Kennedy's this weekend.

They may make you leave it....sometimes they are busy. Only one wrench in the back, although Ken sometimes fills in on tires.

8 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

More than $20. Sills will take mount a tire that I didnt buy from them?

Yes.  If I call first, they'll even do it while I wait(if they aren't crazy busy).

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

Got the bike back from the tuner's and can't wait to play this weekend.  Not really anythingdid today, but just glad to get it back in my garage.  Sunday is looking decent so I'll try to get a few miles in.  Can't adequately say how great it was to work with J.D. Hord on the tune and overheating issue.  Easy going, fast, and reasonable.  126 whp and as long I keep from slicing coolant lines it should last a while!

• Upvote 1