What do you do?

Casper

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just transferred from the Abercrombie & Fitch warehouse to now being a model at the Easton store. Leave in March for the Air Force as a reservist, haven't picked my job yet.

also a full-time student at devry. Busniess Finance

Edited by owndjoo

I am amazed at all the IT and computer geeks here. Me too, I do graphic design and I'm working on a 2nd degree in web development. Someone on here says they do java work all day, I feel sorry for you, java gives me nightmares.

Maybe a good percentage of us geeks have bikes because we are the ones who can afford it?

I do java work all day. well, in between youtube, or.net, espn.com, and pingpong matches. I've been doing java for about 8 years. I started with C++...that gave me nightmares!

Being that your profession is graphic design, i'm not surprised that you don't like java. That's artsy...all right brain. Techy crap like java is all left brain. My point...it's rare that someone does/enjoys both.

I envy the graphic design profession...I have zero artistic ability. I'm lucky my clothes match occasionally :)

I am an auto tech. I love it until those slow days were I get to sit a ponder how much money I have invested in it. I dont do the computer nerd stuff although I am sure the pay is better. About all the computer work I do is looking on identifix to save myself time and guess work.

Industrial Product Design, Mechanical Design, Computer Electronics, and Aviation degrees. Four college degrees, almost a permanent student. Taught mechanical engineering classes for 3 years. Worked mostly as design engineer in aerospace doing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and cryogenics. All projects were weapons systems. Now repairing computers and taking care of off-the-local-net type networks for local college. Ex-Army special forces payroll clerk. Ex-Honda motorcycle mechanic from way back. And yes, I can program in many languages. Geeky...

edit: and oh yeah, I go fix Casper's computer when he breaks it...

Edited by ReconRat
added data

ReconRat, you and I would get along, what languages you use, C++ is my fav. You into board level design, and microcontroller programming (atmel, pic, ect) that stuff is fun.

really??? I had to take one quarter of programming. Terrible!!

eh. Snowboarding is fun, riding a motorcycle is fun, programming is like being hit in the face with a bottle of sprite.

you should go straight to the top of the nerd list! :D

:lol:

Why does it have to be a bottle of Sprite. Can't it be Shasta or maybe Tab.

:lol:

Why does it have to be a bottle of Sprite. Can't it be Shasta or maybe Tab.

yeah... i'm not that creative. i'm sitting on the futon watching The Office, and I looked over and saw a bottle of sprite next to me, and i thought "yeah, that would hurt"...

I am a bank teller for First Federal of Lakewood. It's actually a pretty fun job, but for some reason people think bank teller's make tons of money and trust me we dont.

While going to college, I had a bank teller job when I was on break from school. After 4 summers of working there (1998 was my last summer), I was making $7/hr. hopefully, for your sake, they're paying much better now :)

Funny story...

In college i had beater cars...they typically lasted me 1 year. While working one day during Social Security check day, we ran out of cash at our small bank. The manager wrote a check to another bank that was down the street for 70k. She handed me the check and I had to go thru the drive thru of the other bank to get the cash. I looked at her and said "are you serious!?". She said the bank knew I was coming and that i was 'bonded'. So if I stole the money the bank was insured...and I would go to jail. So I picked up the brick of cash and took it back to my bank. Yes, the thought crossed my mind. And let's just say these two banks were in a terrible neighborhood...crime-ridden.

I work with RobHawk, and by work with I mean I clean up his messes.

His wife won't let him poke the fat chicks, so he just stares at them.

It's really not as nice as you'd think. I've come to realize this company is okay to work for, but it's just another company. Until I take over as CEO it won't be fun...I don't see that promotion happening.