What do you do?

Casper

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have degree in Info systems can do c++, visual basic, cobol, RPG, HTML and all of the microshit apps. Have done computer tech, phone tech support talk to some real dumbasses in that line of work. I am currently doing shipping and receiving for shitty company called Local Insight Yellow pages we produce phone books (formerly known as Windstream formerly known as Alltel formerly known as GTE) for the time being we were bought by an investment firm who also went and bought LM Berry and we will closing shortly and all of our work moving to LM Berry in Dayton.

Teradata. We also use some Oracle for a couple of data marts, but mostly for staging in the ETL process.

At my job, we use Teradata too. We're doing Active Data Warehousing. Java-based web services calling TD real-time. Pretty slick. The TD community in cbus is quite small. i'm sure we know some of the same people.

We just might. There are a decent number of TD people here in Dayton. I think I'm going to try and test out for my Teradata Masters cert by the end of the year. Do a lot of work in Cognos and Informatica as well and will probably be doing some development in Adobe Flex for BI within the next 6 months or so. Everything I've done the past 6 or so years is for the Air Force's data warehouse and a couple of other programs.

We just might. There are a decent number of TD people here in Dayton. I think I'm going to try and test out for my Teradata Masters cert by the end of the year. Do a lot of work in Cognos and Informatica as well and will probably be doing some development in Adobe Flex for BI within the next 6 months or so. Everything I've done the past 6 or so years is for the Air Force's data warehouse and a couple of other programs.

We have Informatica at work as well...small ETL team...3 folks I believe. Adobe Flex was introduced to mgmt for an internal web application that we were developing...but it got vetoed so we're using Tapestry5.

I've worked with Teradata at my last job and my current job. The key to it is tuning it. If you can tune it, you're worth your weight in gold...and then some.

I've been in the Air Force 11 years. I'm currently stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB. I'm trained as a large aircraft mechanic(i.e. not fighter jets). I'm in a small unit that supports 747s that pass through the base. Unfortunately, i have been flying a desk more than anything else this year. I would love to get promoted to E-7 in 2 or 3 years...then I could apply for First Sergeant Duty:beating:

((There are way too many techies in here for my comfort level;)))

• 4 weeks later...