Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and right now the B1G has the best record of any conference in bowls against the spread (meaning the Vegas line, not the offensive style).

B1G - 5-2

ACC - 4-2

Big 12 - 3-4

SEC - 2-4

Pac 12 - 2-5

B-1-G! B-1-G! B-1-G! B-1-G!

I like how you turned that around... You know, instead of showing actual wins/losses :lol:

i keed, i keed

Under Armour All-America Game

Friday January 4 (5:00 pm ESPN)

Ohio State Commits

DB Cam Burrows (6-0 206), Trotwood OH

DL Joey Bosa (6-4 260), Fort Lauderdale FL

ATH Gareon Conley (6-1 165), Massillon OH

ATH Jalin Marshall (5-11 196), Middletown OH

TE Marcus Baugh (6-4 229), Riverside CA

Ohio State Possibilities

LB Trey Johnson (6-1 215), Lawrenceville GA

S Vonn Bell (6-0 190), Rossville GA

RB Dontre Wilson (5-10 174), DeSoto TX (Oregon commit)

This one's today. Johnson will be announcing for OSU. Lots of optimism with Bell to OSU but he's not announcing. People expect Wilson to de-commit from Oregon, especially if Kelly goes NFL as everyone expects. Could get a spot if Quick goes Louisville tomorrow. Burrows has been performing really well all week in practice. He, Bosa, Conley and Marshall are starters. Baugh has also received great reviews this week but the #1 TE in the country is also there so he'll get the start. Baugh will likely move up to #2 or #3 in the country at his position (on Scout at least) based on how he's looked this week.

As for tomorrow's Army All-American game, OSU is still set to pick up a commitment from Mike Mitchell of course. Looks like all the positive James Quick stuff early in the week was what a lot of people feared... stuff to throw people off. OSU has not been informed of his decision but for these televised announcements, TV people generally know for sure the night before. Right now they're prepping Louisville graphics for Quick's announcement.

Oh and to fill this double post (forgot my not using quick reply trick) Michigan commit Shane Morris was awful in the QB skills challenge yesterday by all accounts. The other players in the stands were laughing at him and even the announcers made a joke or two. It was that bad. He also dropped a very audible F-bomb on live TV when his long throw challenge fluttered like a wounded duck (as OSU commit Jalin Marshall laughed in the background).

OSU TE commit Marcus Baugh won the DL skills challenge (no TE challenge so I guess he just wanted to compete in something).

I have been saying for a while that Morris was trash, he was a 7 on 7 camp god, but in real games he was less than great. He played weak Michigan competition and when he faced off against the big boys in Ohio he got destroyed. The kids mouth has written checks that I honestly don't see him cashing. Mike Hart pt.2!

Rumors swirling that Quick is going to stay home and go to Louisville, apparently he hasn't been hanging out with any OSU recruits. I can't quite seem to figure out why Urban is unable to grab some explosive play makers at WR. Jalin Marshall is going to be a work in progress, he is explosive, but has played QB/RB and will need to develop into a complete WR. Last year OSU missed out on Diggs who chose Maryland over Ohio St, looks like OSU might strike out with both Quick and Gibson this year...sort of concerning as the offense Urban wants to run requires explosive WR's.

The defensive recruiting is nothing short of great thus far though. It looks like that trend will continue with this years class and from the early 2014 reports, OSU will be loading up again.

All star game starts at 5 on ESPN for those interested in watching btw

Also if this tattoo is real then Rex Ryan is even dumber than I already thought. The dude has such an ego that it cost his team terribly this year. He can't seem to understand Mark Sanchez is really not that good of a quarterback lol. Anyways, you decided..real or fake

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/no-really-rex-ryan-tattoo-wife-wearing-mark-152814487--nfl.html

Everyone at the Under Armor practices this week said Jalin looked damn good at WR for a kid who hasn't caught a lot of balls in his career. Obviously not perfect yet but basically just said "when he learns how to run routes he'll be scary."

Really don't see OSU missing out on Gibson. I'm still hanging onto hope with Quick. But like I said when it was announced, Louisville going to the ACC really saved that recruitment. Without that Strong probably moves on to another SEC school and Quick is in the bag for OSU. From what I've read over the last week or so everyone expects Strong to end up at Florida when Muschamp takes over for Brown at Texas anyways. If Quick does stay home then I hope Bridgewater goes pro after Quick's freshman year and the Brown/Muschamp/Strong dominoes fall. Because I'm bitter.

Trey Johnson= Buckeye

Interesting stuff going on right now on twitter from the OSU coaches:

Zach Smith ‏ @ CoachZachSmith

Swish!!!!!! Lights out like Jordan!!

Don't Get Blinded by the Quick Flash... If You Belong in The # Spotlight Then Come Be # TheSHOW - The # Chase4TheCrystal

CoachZachSmith Quick... Name all the 1st round draftees at WR from THE Ohio State university. I said QUICK!!! Lets go!!!!

@ CoachTomHerman ALL the 1st Rounders?? Twitter has a Character Limit!! We aren't one of this schools with NONE... EVER

jbook ‏ @ jbook37

Sounds like Ohio State coaches are hinting that they got James Quick as well. He suppose to have called the coaches.

Notice the word useage of QUICK lol. I hope this is true, if not these coaches are gonna come off looking like assholes for taunting a 17 year old kid via twitter lol

People reporting that OSU coaches received call from Quick committing to OSU but former player on OSU Scout site says the opposite happened (made call, told them he's staying home). I think that twitter thing was a last-ditch effort from the staff and also a plea to any other WR's out there listening who may want to take Quick's spot.

I'm just happy getting Mitchell tomorrow...lol.

I think it has to do with him demanding attention from the staff over the past 2 or so weeks, then saying "fuck it, im goin to Louisville anyway"

A bit of sour grapes? Yeah. But I am glad someone out there is giving a bit of pushback to these kids who waste thousands of athletic $$'s by jerking staffs around

Funny quote from Mitchell's commit article on Scout about his younger brothers...

“Mickey is a little bigger so I have to try and recruit him, but the little ones I can push around and tell them to come to Ohio State.”

His younger brother Mickey is a 5-star basketball recruit for the 2015 class. Then I believe there are at least 1-2 more brothers. The Mitchell pipeline is open.

Funny quote from Mitchell's commit article on Scout about his younger brothers...

“Mickey is a little bigger so I have to try and recruit him, but the little ones I can push around and tell them to come to Ohio State.”

His younger brother Mickey is a 5-star basketball recruit for the 2015 class. Then I believe there are at least 1-2 more brothers. The Mitchell pipeline is open.

Can Mickey join the team in Champaign right now?