Why dont you come out to meets.

wnaplay1647545503

I feel for anyone who has ever gone out and knew noone. Nowadays I know so few its just awkward until I finally just leave.

Haha, I did that once at the end of summer. Had just bought my TA and was with a couple friends (one semi-knows cars, the other doesn't know squat), got to sawmill and parked, then the idiots made me drive off without gettin out of the car :no: haha hopefully I'll actually get to know people this summer since I'll be with a friend and his S2000/LS1 Camaro anyway.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to find the group that doesnt really know each other all that well so standing around talking about old stories that only 2 people really remember and the rest pretend they do is the whole conversation. The group that doesnt remember what their car dynoed at 3 years ago and couldnt tell you what doing this or doing that would do for a car. The group that doesnt need tohide the fact they are somewhat of a closet ricer just because they may get a little teasing. Wait I am sure theres more but thats the group I want to come to a meet and shoot the shit with. I know these demands have already alienated 99% of those who come out.

I need to find the group that doesnt really know each other all that well so standing around talking about old stories that only 2 people really remember and the rest pretend they do is the whole conversation. The group that doesnt remember what their car dynoed at 3 years ago and couldnt tell you what doing this or doing that would do for a car. The group that doesnt need tohide the fact they are somewhat of a closet ricer just because they may get a little teasing. Wait I am sure theres more but thats the group I want to come to a meet and shoot the shit with. I know these demands have already alienated 99% of those who come out.

There's plenty of new faces, come on out.

aesthetical modifications for the lex will be complete here in a month or two, i'll be out.

Main reason I never show up is because my car aint ready, if im going to go hang with a bunch of hardcore car guys I want to roll up in a bad-ass car...Just wouldn't feel right if I showed up in something beaterish/unfinished.

You're seriously over-complicating this and making reasons for yourself not to come out.

Biggest probelm is few people know anyone face to face so everyone stands around in small groups only talking to the few they know until you get tired or just leave cause its to boring. And most of us love cars but for many reasons don't have anything worth a damn

we are all pretty nice, but no we arnt going to go out of our way to introduce ourselves. But I bet if you come say hi, we wont shun you!

Why in the fuck is this thread 5 pages? Do people not have the ability to say "hi" outside of the internet?

****ATTENTION ALL NEW PEOPLE AND THOSE AFRAID********

Next time there is an event, meet, gangbang, or whatever come find me. I will be more than happy to talk to you and introduce you to others.

Unless you are some kind of total nut job that does not play well with the human race you will be fine.

Hell maybe I will even wear a got damn name tag so you don't have an excuse? That is what I am reading in this thread, a whole lot of can't and not a lot of can do.

Sorry, not enough coffee and to much stress :(

/rant off

But srs, come out I will gladly talk to anybody, well except phil he is a close talker and has wondering hands....

Seems a lot of people don't cme out because there too shy to talk to someone....?not to sound like a dick but if u know where cr people are at..come over an introuduce your self. We are all good people that are very welcoming to new people in person. Just don't be butthurt if we make fun of you...we allllll make fun of eachother :lol:

I haven't been able to come out lately since I work every day of the week 70-90 hours a week fml

J

Seems a lot of people don't cme out because there too shy to talk to someone....?not to sound like a dick but if u know where cr people are at..come over an introuduce your self. We are all good people that are very welcoming to new people in person. Just don't be butthurt if we make fun of you...we allllll make fun of eachother :lol:

I haven't been able to come out lately since I work every day of the week 70-90 hours a week fml

Quoted for truth. That is the most fun I've had in a long time lol.

I came out quite a bit at the beggining of last season but ended knocking up the girlfriend and getting engauged, so I've been busy at home when I'm not working.

Since starting my new job, my work schedule has increased along with my commute doubling. Plus, I got married last year and bought a house, so that takes up all my free time. I make it out to a few auto-x events in the summer, and I did make it out to Mopar Nats with a few other members. I plan on trying to do more this year and stop by Doc's place when I can.

aesthetical modifications for the lex will be complete here in a month or two, i'll be out.

Main reason I never show up is because my car aint ready, if im going to go hang with a bunch of hardcore car guys I want to roll up in a bad-ass car...Just wouldn't feel right if I showed up in something beaterish/unfinished.

We. Don't. Care. I showed up to almost every meet last year in a $500 Legacy that I pulled out of a field with a rusted hood and heads that leaked oil on to the exhaust. Nicky has a Nissan pickup truck, Scott drove a rusty Miata (about half the time anyway), Sean V drove a beat up GMC Jimmy, Alex usually drives a Volvo. I showed up to a few meets on really hot nights in my Mom's Forester because it has AC. It just doesn't matter what you drive. We are there to hang out and have a good time with each other.

We. Don't. Care. I showed up to almost every meet last year in a $500 Legacy that I pulled out of a field with a rusted hood and heads that leaked oil on to the exhaust. Nicky has a Nissan pickup truck, Scott drove a rusty Miata (about half the time anyway), Sean V drove a beat up GMC Jimmy, Alex usually drives a Volvo. I showed up to a few meets on really hot nights in my Mom's Forester because it has AC. It just doesn't matter what you drive. We are there to hang out and have a good time with each other.

You forgot to mention it makes 700 wheel.

I try to make it to a couple C&C mornings at least. Though with my new work schedule that may not happen any more.

The big events usually come too close to a RallyX or I just don't know about them because I forget about the Meets forum. Mostly it's my fault.

Home Depot meets are usually just a lot of awkward silence and standing around since I don't have much of a history with CR and most people just get blank looks if I discuss suspension or RallyX. I usually roll through to look at the cars.

I do plan to be at the CR AutoX event if that ever happens, and it's not scheduled on top of a RallyX..

Full time job, family, and higher priorities. My wife's a stay at home mom with my two kids, ages 2 and 10 months. The thought doesn't even cross my mind that I'm going to go hang out in a parking lot or whatever after she's been with them for 9+ hours each day.

I used to come out Friday and Saturday nights; 10 years ago. Then things change, your life goes in different directions, and cars just aren't a priority for me anymore.

I also lost 80+ pounds a few years ago. The time I used to put into my cars is now spent at the gym and staying in shape. Again, priorities... :)

has already been posted by multiple people.

1. Love cars, but family/life dictate that i can't have a fun one at the moment.

2. I live in Galloway, and not very much goes on over this way with CR, and don't wanna drive to the east side in my family mobile.

3. I don't date a supermodel, so i'm not worthy

Is the true meaning of this thread applicable to me ?

If so, I don't know, maybe because I tend to be more comfortable with cars than with people ? Maybe due to schedule & timing ? Maybe due to some other social aspects ? Maybe since someone here thought I was a douche (of whom I'm sure not the only one) ? Maybe because I know only very very few persons well enough from this board ? Maybe due to my laziness (which doesn't explain my near-perfect Clay's CC&C attendance) ?