What's your Electric Bill

TTQ B4U

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AEP loves me....

I get constant reminders that I use 100% more than my neighbors.

Your not the only one, were constantly get shit in the mail saying you use 100%-200% more electricity than other people in your area. Does it look like i give a fuck how much electricity we use? If we need it ima use it.

Yeah, we've replaced all of our lights with customer CFL's whereby I've selected the appropriate wattage and color temps to insure there's no eye fatigue. In our great room alone there were 9 recessed floods and bulbs in various lamps. Not only is the temperature change noticeable but definitely the power consumed lower.

The only room we haven't done is the lower level were the theatre is located only because we never use the overhead can lights there.

fuck CFLs :grumble grumble:

Im so fucking tired of feeling like i am in a dim office building and hav replaced a bunch with stanard bulbs (i know this isnt condusive to my earlier posts, but fuck CFL's serioulsy)

house built in 1970 2000sq with 800 sq finished basement, my wife keeps it at 76 all the time and our last bill just came in at 150.

i have a gas furnace but i am thinking about getting an outdoor wood furnace because i can get wood for free, anyone have any experience with them?

Here too. H20 for the lawn and flowers which look great is not going to be a fun bill to see. If temps stay in the 80's I can get away with once every 5 days if there's no rain but any higher and it gets more costly.

Electric wise 2,900sq ft. and we just topped $300 for the month. No doubt a 24yr old AC unit isn't as effecient as the new ones.

just payed mine. $172 for 1300 sqf. keeping it set on 68 And thats including the 10 days i was out of town and cut all breakers off except to the fridge

1600 sq ft hose 200-250 month. All electric.

3000sq ft, 2 HVAC systems. I haven't even looked yet.

I've been in a constant battle with our electric bill for months. I got absolutely sick of the $230/month electric bill, so I went through and replaced most lights with LED's. Including outside lights. We also took down our freshwater aquarium and rehomed some reptiles that required heat lamps/heating pads.

Electric bill dropped down to $180.... THEN AEP raised the electric rates by 30%. Our bill is currently back up in the $220 range. Absolutely pissed by this. :fuuuu:

http://www.bildites.lv/images/dcmhtk2sfsyw7cgmtyy6.gif

$438 this month. Highest ever, normally sits at $350 this time of year but have had one at $385 before.

2700 square foot

Includes the shop out back (can account for 5-10% of it at most)

My wife is home all day with kids so 2 big screens and the hot water tank are on nonstop.

I don't bitch but reading everyone else being pissed about $150 bills makes me want to bitch. I'm paying a car payment in utilities every month.

fuck CFLs :grumble grumble:

Im so fucking tired of feeling like i am in a dim office building and hav replaced a bunch with stanard bulbs (i know this isnt condusive to my earlier posts, but fuck CFL's serioulsy)

You need to get good quality ones. The cheap ones at the store don't put out any good lumens and the color of the light is shit. Ours are completely different. Night and day difference. 100% serious and yes, pun intended.

1001bulbs.com. FTW.

You need to get good quality ones. The cheap ones at the store don't put out any good lumens and the color of the light is shit. Ours are completely different. Night and day difference. 100% serious and yes, pun intended.

1001bulbs.com. FTW.

They also don't last worth shit, although the overall quality of CFLs has gone up a lot in the last two years.

I'm just waiting for LED bulbs to get in the cheap range with good color and illumination.

I have daylight emitting bulbs (5000kelvin bulbs) instill hate them.

I had to research ones that mimic daylight for my seedlings in my indoor green house.

Switch to color Temps of 3,500 for living areas. Especially if you have shades on a lamp. It's the perfect color for reading, watching TV, etc...You will thank me. The ones you have are way to white/blue and will make you feel like you're in a waiting room.

The key for kitchens is 3,500. Just a slight bit "whiter" but that's good for kitchen areas. I use the really bright 5000-6,500 bright ass 300+ watt suckers for my garage and laundry rooms.

2,700 is deal color temp for flowering plants indoors. 6,500 for green leafy ones.

Damn it! I hate you for making me look, I live in a town home my bill is usually $89 this month its $151, but I'm sure the heat has a large factor in this months bill too.

Same boat. Usually laying $60-70 then $135 and $152. Noticed a $70-80 "Generation Fee" that's been on the last 2. WTF is that?

1001bulbs.com. FTW.

Do you mean 1000bulbs.com ?

1001bulbs.com is blocked for 'security reasons/parked domain' here at work, and the WhoIs says it's for sale for $69

We just got ours and fuck AEP! $423 dollars, mind you this was without power for a fucking week. Our last 5 months of usage have looked like this:

March 613 KW

April 618 KW

May 1315 KW

June 712 KW

July 3332 KW!!! (Again no power for 6 1/2 days!!)

Nothing has changed, if anythig we have used less electric as we have been leaving our porch light and all lights inside the house off at night in order to try saving. I am about to call them and see how this is possible.

$194.83 Generation Service this month

$44.33 last month

WTF is the generation service?

We just got ours and fuck AEP! $423 dollars, mind you this was without power for a fucking week. Our last 5 months of usage have looked like this:

March 613 KW

April 618 KW

May 1315 KW

June 712 KW

July 3332 KW!!! (Again no power for 6 1/2 days!!)

Nothing has changed, if anythig we have used less electric as we have been leaving our porch light and all lights inside the house off at night in order to try saving. I am about to call them and see how this is possible.

$194.83 Generation Service this month

$44.33 last month

WTF is the generation service?

It is how they Generate the power, i.e Burning Coal and the costs associated with acquiring it, burning it, running the facilities, etc..

I've been getting these "opportunites" to switch electric companies. Are any of them worth it? Which would be the best to switch to, etc? I know this was touched upon earlier in the thread but I'm still ignorant.

So, hilariously our AEP bill for last month was 0.00 as we have now been in the house for 1 year and AEP credited us our initial deposit back for last month. Ours is usually around $75, 1100 SQft, T-stat around 75*. Our bill would have been about $95 last month.

I do the budget thing, so mine is always the same: $240. My house is 2200 square feet, 2 stories and all electric. I live far enough out that there are no gas lines there... :(

Ditto this, we are dead on to each other.

What amazes me, is my shop bill in never anymore then 150 a month.