Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

You guys are welcome for the decent weather next week. It is because I haven't bought a new brake light and battery for the bike. I know as soon as I do it'll be way too cold to ride regularly. 

Did you ever get that recall done?  Or am I thinking of someone else with a 675?

Nope that was me, and no I still havent gotten the recall done. I haven't even called Ducati/ Triumph of Akron to see when they could fix it :/

You could drive it down there next week. I hear the weather looks decent.

You could drive it down there next week. I hear the weather looks decent.

-_________________________-

I have to keep my bike off the road to continue random days of riding weather for you fools. I need a brake light and battery right now. Plus, they don't accept walk-in's. (Last time I was down there 2 of my buddys were getting tires spooned on and I asked if they could play with my suspension a bit for my weight and they pretty much said you need an appointment for anything.) Maybe I'll drive down with my Vin to have them check just for something to do. And get some Swensons.

If I'm elected President I'll make project managers of road construction projects put their cell phone numbers on detour signs.

Was out in Zanesville today road closed detour signs on both directions for bridge work but no arrows for non local yocals, pick a random road in a random direction...

Also what's with lazy crews leaving the road closed signs up at night while the road is reopened?

If I'm elected President I'll make project managers of road construction projects put their cell phone numbers on detour signs.

Was out in Zanesville today road closed detour signs on both directions for bridge work but no arrows for non local yocals, pick a random road in a random direction...

Also what's with lazy crews leaving the road closed signs up at night while the road is reopened?

FWIW. The detour is always determined by a combination of ODOT and the local political authority. The Project Manager has zero authority on the issue. As far as leaving the signs up over night, there are a few legitimate potential reasons that have nothing to do with laziness.

• Upvote 1

Ever worked in construction? 90% of decisions are made because of too much government oversight.The other 10% is due to the ridiculous rising costs of insurance which is why those signs get left up. It's not laziness, it's because Americans will sue over anything and this saves the construction companies ass

• Upvote 2

After 25+years of being Salaried, I am now getting paid for my work hours past 40.....HOT DAMN THAT FEELS GOOD!  

And now I am getting handed more weekend work!

Don't forget to send a thank you note to Obama for that. He changed that rule.

• Upvote 2

Don't forget to send a thank you note to Obama for that. He changed that rule.

no.....I changed employers, and for the next 4+ months am an hourly employee, so every hour I work, I get paid, but I get no sick/vacation/holiday pay....no work = no pay.  It will all balance out with the extra hours I am working and the upcoming holidays, I should still end up ahead.

The current Presidential Administration can pucker up, and kiss my pasty white ass with their lib-tard agenda!  <time to pull my pants up to my armpits and start complainin' 'bout dat gub'ment>

• Upvote 1

I don't like when the girl who does paychecks at work adjusts my hours to pay me for what she thinks I worked.

Over 3 hours short this paycheck...

Pay check forgery / altering is a highly fowned upon offense. I'd call the IRS and your state department of labor

• Upvote 1