Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

18 minutes ago, Wandering Soul said:

Have you looked at it like you're focusing on "you gotta get married?"  Sounds a bit like it.

No, I was married a while ago and would be hesitant to try that again, 13 years was plenty long enough for me.  And being in my 40's, I've given up on having my own family, it's just never going to happen...

18 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

No, I was married a while ago and would be hesitant to try that again, 13 years was plenty long enough for me.  And being in my 40's, I've given up on having my own family, it's just never going to happen...

wait, you are 40? I'm calling bullshit right now.

13 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Yea, when she said that my jaw dropped.  I had her pegged early 30's, perhaps late 20's.

Thanks guys, but it's true, I'm in my mid 40's. 

Maybe I'm just having a midlife crisis, who knows...

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yea, when she said that my jaw dropped.  I had her pegged early 30's, perhaps late 20's.

Yea, same. I'm still pretty shocked. I still think shes lying. We need to see a birth certificate. 

13 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Thanks guys, but it's true, I'm in my mid 40's. 

Maybe I'm just having a midlife crisis, who knows...

You know what helps those! Jim's Apple Pie and another motorcycle purchase!

But really, I too have that feeling/ "pressure" (since most all of my friends are in serious relationships/ getting married/ buying houses/ having babies, and I'm always the 3rd, 5th, 7th, any odd numbered wheel wherever we go) that I "need" to find somebody like right now. Even my parents, particularly my mom are like, "when are you going to find a nice girl" that has nothing to do with motorcycling (she HATES motorcycles and literally thinks every motorcyclist falls under the Starboy's or Pirate-hooker category, yea its frustrating as shit.)

But I keep telling myself everything happens for a reason, and every time I've been patient and waited, I've always ended up in a good or better spot that I would have if I rushed in.

Without making it sound like I'm hitting on you, from my limited interactions with you, you seem like a cool, down to earth, honest person that is attractive to boot. Add the fact that you ride motorcycles makes you a "unicorn" :lol:. Any guy that isn't completely retarded should see these qualities and know that those kinds of people dont come around often in a lifetime. Especially the unicorn part!

But then again, it is 2017 and no one has their head on straight in terms of what they truly want out of a relationship. Sounds like you do but "they" don't, that's a them problem not a you problem. :dunno:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea, same. I'm still pretty shocked. I still think shes lying. We need to see a birth certificate. 

You know what helps those! Jim's Apple Pie and another motorcycle purchase!

But really, I too have that feeling/ "pressure" (since most all of my friends are in serious relationships/ getting married/ buying houses/ having babies, and I'm always the 3rd, 5th, 7th, any odd numbered wheel wherever we go) that I "need" to find somebody like right now. Even my parents, particularly my mom are like, "when are you going to find a nice girl" that has nothing to do with motorcycling (she HATES motorcycles and literally thinks every motorcyclist falls under the Starboy's or Pirate-hooker category, yea its frustrating as shit.)

But I keep telling myself everything happens for a reason, and every time I've been patient and waited, I've always ended up in a good or better spot that I would have if I rushed in.

Without making it sound like I'm hitting on you, from my limited interactions with you, you seem like a cool, down to earth, honest person that is attractive to boot. Add the fact that you ride motorcycles makes you a "unicorn" :lol:. Any guy that isn't completely retarded should see these qualities and know that those kinds of people dont come around often in a lifetime. Especially the unicorn part!

But then again, it is 2017 and no one has their head on straight in terms of what they truly want out of a relationship. Sounds like you do but "they" don't, that's a them problem not a you problem. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Oh hell, that's easy then.  You don't need a boyfriend, you need a Harley.

Thanks Tim,  I take back some of the mean math things I've said... Lol  

Psh, another motorcycle... I'm thinking about going to the IOMTT in the next year or two, hell probably by myself, who knows...  

2 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Thanks Tim,  I take back some of the mean math things I've said... Lol  

Psh, another motorcycle... I'm thinking about going to the IOMTT in the next year or two, hell probably by myself, who knows...  

Uhhh, IOMTT is on my bucket list. If you dont want to go alone, lmk, I'll start saving lol.

1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

Serious chicy you do not show your age, there is no way I pegged you for being older than me(40).

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

This

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

and This, Exactly

Edited by 2talltim

2 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

I've been single now for almost 6 years so if it's bad luck, then shit, it needs to stop.

I'm pretty sure that tall women deal w the same problems as short men... tall men want tiny petite women, leaving tall women and short men a much smaller pool of dating prospects...

Funny you say this because ive often wondered what my deal was when dating. Being a tall man I always found taller women to be very attractive. Yet I always dated shorter women, even I don't know why. Don't think ive ever been with a woman over 5'5", my wife is 5'4". Maybe subconsciously I thought tall women didn't want guys close to their height. I'm really not sure.

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Speaking as someone that's been attached for almost the entirety of his adult life...why are you people so antsy to get married and have a family? The grass is not greener over here....and you have to mow it every fucking week. 

The same yard. Over and over and over and over....

But sometimes you mow it in the other direction to be different. :lol: 

I Love my kids and enjoy them everyday but yea being a "family man" is wearing thin sometimes and ready to be done with it. But no regrets with momma bear she's a good one and never a dull moment. Just want to be able to fuck like aps all over the house when ever and where ever we want without those little bastards interfering. ;) :banana::monkey:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Speaking as someone that's been attached for almost the entirety of his adult life...why are you people so antsy to get married and have a family? The grass is not greener over here....and you have to mow it every fucking week. 

The same yard. Over and over and over and over....

I've been married once, I probably won't do it again.

Green grass?  When I'm completely unattached it seems like I can't find anyone worth asking out, like they've all suddenly vanished.  But, when I'm dating someone, it seems like there's a parade of beautiful women that want to flirt with me.  Honestly, I think it's a fucking conspiracy created by women to mess with my head. 

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Honestly, I think it's a fucking conspiracy created by women to mess with my head. 

this. It's true, been there several times

had a girl in high school that friend zoned me and a girl in college that did the same. Both have turned 30 in the last year and both have been knocking at my door. It's kinda fun having a little payback messing with their emotions now. Don't care how evil it is

Edited by Bad324

I am a self-centered douchbag and I don't know how my saint of a wife has stuck it out the last 22 years, but I'm glad she has because after reading this, I'd never make in the dating world.  I'd probably become some kind of hermit.  It doesn't help that I'm 5'4" (with my boots on). 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Funny you say this because ive often wondered what my deal was when dating. Being a tall man I always found taller women to be very attractive. Yet I always dated shorter women, even I don't know why. Don't think ive ever been with a woman over 5'5", my wife is 5'4". Maybe subconsciously I thought tall women didn't want guys close to their height. I'm really not sure.

I dated a shorter man, and wouldn'thave hesitated to marry him, so it's not that I'm opposed to shorter guys.  I prefer taller men bc I like high heel shoes, it's awkward when you're 6'4" in heels and your guy is only 5'9"... 

5 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

You would bc you have trouble doing the math to determine the difference in height...  lol

They make step-stools for a reason Tracy!

Edit: And calculators!

Edited by TimTheAzn

17 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

I'm on the brink of giving up completely and being single forever.  I don't want to be single but online dating is exponentially awful.

I made that leap last year. Online dating is the worst thing ever and I don't really know anybody except co-workers and people on here I ride with in Columbus so I just gave up. /shrug

More time and money for riding the motorcycles. 

On a separate note, lease to the new place signed this morning. It has a garage! 

• Upvote 3