What are your favorite beers?

Casper

Wife got some blueberry beer a couple weeks ago. Took a couple sips. Wasn't bad I guess, but not something I wanted to drink more of

I'm not a fan of blueberry much at all but I've had 3 kinds of Blueberry Beer. 2 were bottled and I thought were gross, one is a homemade draft at one of my college bars in Cinci and that stuff was amazing. Pretty much half the reason I spent most Tuesday nights there for the $2 blueberry drafts

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite beer of all time is McSorley's Cream Ale / McSorley's Porter in NYC.

Honorable mentions are Barley's Christmas Ale (in Columbus), Hint O' Mint (Natian Brewery, nanobrewer in Portland), Yuengling Black and Tan (yet I still think the lager is meh), Sam Adams Summer Ale, Newcastle.

All in all though, I just like beer.

Edited by Cheech

Top Ten (Feel free to leave a few bottles of either on my doorstep this Holiday Season! NOTE: These bottles are to be full, capped, and unmolested :D)

1. Gulden Draak

2. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale

3. Delirium Tremens

4. Hennepin

5. Yeungling

6. Fat Tire

7. Young's Chocolate Stout

8. Hornsby's

9. Mich Ultra

10. Red Stripe

ugh 4 loko is fucking nasty. dont waste your money. the shit tastes like robotussin. honestly, if you drank a bottle of tussin you would get way more fucked up than if you drank a 4 loko.

When they're about $3.50 each, and you can get buzzed off one, tipsy off two, and drunk off three...Fourlokos wins.

Now if we're talking quality I don't have enough beer experience to know, but I'd have to agree with KruelHouse on the Delirium. It's as smooth as a Bud Light, but at 8.5% a bottle...winnar.

So, I went to pick up a 6 of of GLBC Christmas Ale to try it out, and no where had any. Kroger had a 6 yesterday, I should have picked it up then. :nono:

So, I ended up getting a 12 of Sam Adams Winter Ale. I am not disappointed. The Christmas party I went to had some Sam Adams Okteoberfest, and I tried one, but didn't like it as well. I have some Winter Ale left for the party we'll be going to next Sat., so all is well.

Oh, and my normal beers would be Killian's, Bud Select (beer flavored water?), and Coors (NOT the silver bullet, tbhe original, Banquet Beer.)

Sorry gl christmas ale is not worth the money imo. Sorry not paying like 10 bucks for a 6!

LIES!!!!!!

then again this is coming from the kid that him and his roommate have probably dropped $500 on Christmas Ale over the last month :wtf:

But I have to throw away my $10 to find out! :lol:

It's looking like I won't have to worry aout it, since it's probably done for the year.

its not, they are actually brewing through the end of Christmas this year. I'm not sure about down your way, but up here Tuesday is new shipment day for Great Lakes

When they're about $3.50 each, and you can get buzzed off one, tipsy off two, and drunk off three...Fourlokos wins..

yeah but why buy that nasty ass shit when you could buy a half pint of vodka or whiskey for about 6 bucks and get just as drunk if not drunker.

and you dont have to drink robotussin either.

So, I went to pick up a 6 of of GLBC Christmas Ale to try it out, and no where had any. Kroger had a 6 yesterday, I should have picked it up then. :nono:

Giant Eagle usually has a nice stock of Xmas Ale and some other good winter ones.

I don't know if anyone knows about this but right now its $30 for VIP if you buy before the 25th.

http://columbusbeerfest.org/

I bought my ticket :)

Since this on being beer fooles ---- bottle or draught? I am a dedicated bottle beer guy. Something about draught tastes a bit watered down or flatter, and doesnt have that crispness you get out of the bottle.

Its winter - dark beer time...

Edited by mello dude

Something about draught tastes a bit watered down or flatter, and doesnt have that crispness you get out of the bottle.

Its winter - dark beer time...

If you're drinking good, fresh beer (at a place like winking lizard), draft is better.

If you're drinking good, fresh beer (at a place like winking lizard), draft is ALWAYS better.

fixt. Freshness is a huge thing. It's too easy for a bottle (or easier still for a aluminum can/bottle) to get skunky due to the temperature changes (less liquid volume/faster heat exchange, aluminum/even faster heat exchange), much less something that's been sitting on the edge of a cooler being subject to temperature changes every time someone opens the door.

Not only do kegs usually get tapped fairly quickly (for the craft brews they usually use pony kegs vs. the barrel kegs based on demand) but the beer is in a closed environment and temperature controlled better than a standard refrigerator-style cooler.