What's your (New) sign?

hollywood3586

I'm glad someone called Miss Cleo and got the lowdown from an authorithy. :D

Thirteen signs = bad luck. Just goes to show ya the end of the world is near :repent:

+++++1 (i dont know how rep works but i think you earned it!) you have me rolling miss cleo comment.

me? virgo to leo.

I really have no idea but I changed too. Went from Sagittarius to Scorpio... I guess this is gonna suck for people who have tattoos of this crap... :lol:

I know several ppl with Zodiac tats and my brother being one of those ppl not only has his sign but the signs of his 4 children....

I am a Libra in all sense of the sign, and today I read this and it says I am now a Virgo.....

:nono:

I am gonna stick to being a Libra and keep the balance of my life. no pun intended...

Signs vs. astronomical constellations of the zodiac

Nearly all astrologers, tropical and sidereal, agree that the ecliptic should be divided into twelve equal segments to form the zodiac; they differ on where the zodiac begins.

Thus, most sidereal astrologers simply divide the ecliptic into 12 equal signs of 30 degrees but approximately aligned to the 12 zodiac constellations. Assuming an origin of the system in 786 BCE, this results in an identical system as that of the classical tropical zodiac, shifted by 25.5 days, i.e., if in tropical astrology, Aries is taken to begin at March 21, sidereal Aries will begin on April 15.

Son of a bitch! What do I do now with my aries tattoo?? I'm a Picses now? Smells fishy to me!

that's universal karma for getting a heathen idol tattooed to your hide. Should have went Buddhist, you can't go wrong.

The thing is, there is no actual new zodiac. The re-imagining of the tables with newer data is all academic, and today's hype on blogs and Twitter comes from an article published Sunday in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. In it, an astronomer with the cool name of Parke Kunkle said that due to the Earth axis' wobble, when the sun "...is in Pisces, it's really not in Pisces."

Of course, the Internet went predictably bonkers at the news, inflating what Kunkle said (and meant) into something he didn't (and didn't): that there's a new zodiac.

Popular astrologer Susan Miller called the news "ridiculous." "We've known about this for ages," she told ABC News. "The constellations don't suggest what's coming up, it's the planets. The constellations are a measuring device."

So don't worry, fellow Pisces, we're still Pisces. And the rest of you are the same, too.

Ophiuchus isn't a new sign. It's always been there, just usually not a recognized sign by Tropical Astrology. Edited by justin0469