What's your (New) sign?

hollywood3586

This is just crazy..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/13/new-zodiac-sign-dates-oph_n_808567.html#s223656&title=MoonGoddess

Your zodiac sign may not actually be your zodiac sign anymore.

Astronomer Parke Kunkle says that due to changes in the Earth's alignment the dates of many zodiac signs have changed, according to NBC. In addition, there may be a 13th Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.

Kunkle says that as the Earth and Sun slowly move the signs gradually change, as expected.

The change didn't happen over night either. The 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began, and since then the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.

While the sign many people were born under may now be different, it shouldn't affect horoscope readings, according to NBC.

See if your Zodiac sign has changed below.

The New Dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11

Pisces: March 11- April 18

Aries: April 18 - May 13

Taurus: May 13 - June 21

Gemini: June 21 - July 20

Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

Edited by hollywood3586
  • Upvote 1

That bullshit. I was a Sagittarius. No I'm an Ophiuchus??? WTF? Neg Rep to Holly for ruining my day!

Edit: Well maybe it's kinda cool.

Ophiuchus is a rarely used astrological sign, not included in most versions of the Zodiac. It is also known as Serpentarius.

As of 2009, the Sun passes through the eponymous constellation between November 29 and December 18.[1]

Contents [hide]

1 Background

2 Mythology

3 Symbol

4 References

[edit]Background

Although the constellation named Ophiuchus intersects the ecliptic, there is no zodiacal sign of that name in most versions of astrology. The signs are defined as 30-degree segments of the ecliptic, of which there are twelve, and they are named after nearby constellations at the time the system was developed, rather than being defined by the modern constellations. However, a few sidereal astrologers (such as Walter Berg) consider the Sun to be in the sign Ophiuchus when it is in the constellation Ophiuchus, which as of 2009 was November 29 to December 18.

Although not incorporated into the 12-sign zodiac, Ophiuchus and some of the fixed stars in it were sometimes used by astrologers in antiquity as extra-zodiacal indicators (i.e. astrologically significant celestial phenomena lying outside of the 12-sign zodiac proper). An anonymous 4th century astrologer, often known as Anonymous of 379, seems to have associated "the bright star of Ophiuchus", likely α Ophiuchi, with doctors, healers or physicians (ἰατρῶν).[2]

[edit]Mythology

Main article: Ophiuchus (constellation) mythology

There are multiple versions of the story in Greek mythology. One states that Ophiuchus is identified with the healer Asclepius, son of Apollo, who became so skilled that he brought the dead back to life.[3] Then Hades became so angry that he convinced Zeus to kill Asclepius with a lightning bolt.[4] After his death, he was placed in the stars as a constellation.

Another version states that Asclepius witnessed a snake reviving a dead snake with herbs. Zeus then killed Asclepius with a thunderbolt to prevent the knowledge from spreading, but out of honor for his life works, turned him into the constellation Ophiuchus (The Snake Holder).[5]

[edit]

Edited by chevysoldier

This explains my inner confusion & fear of committment lately... Like a lost soul... Searching... Wandering... Subconsciously looking for peace, yet I could never quite put my finger on what was missing... Yet I knew some heinous, irreparable damage had been done to my inner psyche

Aquarius to Capricorn?!?!?!? I don't know much about capricorns but I have always been the sterotypical aquarius

You're pretty much the same. I'm on the cusp of cap aqs (perfect human :D) , well i was anyway. Now on the cusp of cap sag. My perfection is now in question. :(

13 signs would be sidereal astrology, whereas 12 signs are tropical astrology. Both are valid. Sidereal astrology is based on the actual 13 constellations of the zodiac. Tropical astrology, which is more common in the West, is based on 30 degree chunks of the sky, for a total of 12 signs. All the forecasting and predictions remain the same (supposedly). The change in position of planets and sun over time, call for switching to sidereal. Over time, it will go back to being the same again. And then go out the other way.

Or in other words... sidereal points at the stars themselves, and moves with them. Tropical looks at the chunk of sky, and the stars move around instead. The changes in orbit, have actually moved everything over (as viewed), pushing the normal constellations over so far, that it gets weird. That makes it difficult for tropical astrology.

now you know... (and I didn't change between the two, still the same Taurus)

Edited by ReconRat

I gotta change my WHOLE personality now. Leos don't act like Virgos in the least. :nono:

Maybe that is the problem in the first place, don't Leos and Virgos not get along? :D

I really have no idea but I changed too. Went from Sagittarius to Scorpio... I guess this is gonna suck for people who have tattoos of this crap... :lol:

Maybe that is the problem in the first place, don't Leos and Virgos not get along? :D

I really have no idea but I changed too. Went from Sagittarius to Scorpio... I guess this is gonna suck for people who have tattoos of this crap... :lol:

I know LOTS of girls with those tattoos. :lol: