What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Ok, then i am off to Stonewall. I liked the idea of outside with the rifles, but Stonewall is close by. Plus I would like to go to the outside place with somebody so there is a friend watching your stuff when you are downrange setting up targets. The public places can be sketchy at times.

Specs?

Mega upper and lower

Magpul CTR Stock (5 Position)

Magpul MOE Handguard

Magpul MIAD Grip

RRA top Rail GB

DD 16" 1:7 Barrel

RRA Chrome BCG

Armalite LPK

DSG Arms Buffer

AAC Blackout Flash Hider

OLight M21 x Warrior light (600 Lumen, 250m Throw)

Magpul MS3 Sling

Burris MTAC 1-4

I'm still looking at changing the BCG with an LMT and getting a new trigger and HBuffer. Also looking at upgrading my optics down the road.

I'm happy with this set up now though and don't feel the need to change it however we all like new toys.

I'm getting sub moa accuracy from it with .223 75gr Hornady TAP.

Edited by Radio Flyer

I spent the day reloading. I picked up one of the Hornady auto powder throwers today so I figured I would try it out. I think I finally have it set up correctly. The first 50 rounds I tried to load it was overcharging the scale pan something fierce. Changed the timing of when it drops from high speed down to trickle and it seems to be doing good. The auto scale thing isn't any faster than weighing the charge by hand but now I run both scales at the same time and it makes filling cases a ton faster.

IMAG0166.jpg

Turned this pile of sized 30-06 brass;

IMG_5606.jpg

Into a pile of partially trimmed and loaded rounds;

IMAG0164.jpg

And eventually more loaded rounds :)

IMAG0170.jpg

Hopefully Friday I can finish the other 150 that need trimmed and loaded.

I'm doing the same thing with 223 just making plinking rounds now for a class I am taking at the end of the month. I loaded all the varmint rounds and match rounds I need for now.

Do you mind sharing your recipe? I just bought this: DSC00256.jpg

I've never loaded .223 but I have a ton of 556 and 223 brass. I load 45 acp weekly. This was an impulse buy and I have not researched anything as of yet so I'm pretty ignorant on it. I can see I may be shooting it more often than I expected.......

Do you mind sharing your recipe? I just bought this: DSC00256.jpg

I've never loaded .223 but I have a ton of 556 and 223 brass. I load 45 acp weekly. This was an impulse buy and I have not researched anything as of yet so I'm pretty ignorant on it. I can see I may be shooting it more often than I expected.......

Ill send ya a pm later tonight as soon as I can get to my log book. I don't wanna give you info off the top of my head in case I mess up a number and you have something bad happen, ill feel bad.

You make any progress with those cases?

I'll probably de-prime a bunch tonight and see of I can get the cases trimmed if not ill take the trimmer to work tomorrow and sit there and work while I'm in the drive thru.

• Casper unpinned this topic