What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Ill send ya a pm later tonight as soon as I can get to my log book. I don't wanna give you info off the top of my head in case I mess up a number and you have something bad happen, ill feel bad.

Thanks, I appreciate it, I'd verify before loading anyway, But I agree with your thinking!

Nice AR Rod I have the same model with a few upgrades. I need to get a reloading set-up as I save all my brass and it just sits in bags waiting LOL!

Thanks, what all have you done to yours? I'm not sure what upgrades I may want yet. I'm not really a rifle guy. I've been a 1911 guy for years so this is a new area for me.

Mine are all bolt on changes. Changed the sights, added a front grip, and added a sling to it. Mine already had everything I wanted on it already two stage trigger, crome bolt assembly, from the factory.

Older pic before i put my sling on it.

picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=15988picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=15331

Edited by speedytriple

Picked up a Sig P226 Elite Dark Threaded barrel and a Blackhawk SERPA level 2 sportster paddle holster. The beavertail (similiar to 1911's) gives it extra hand support than a standard P226 and it feels VERY comfortable to grip. This is the #1 reason I chose it over the CZ SP-01. The CZ SP-01's grip forced my hand and primarily my thumb downward, It felt top heavy, and then sequentially forced my left hand thumb downward and I've always liked my thumbs high and tight on the edge of the frame and didn't want to re-learn. The P226 Elite's SRT(short reset trigger) is very nice for the SA, 4.4lbs, the 2nd reason I bought it. The adjustable combat night sites are clean to view, 3rd reason I bought it (adjustable). The decocker is surprisingly smooth and easy to operate. Take down is super easy. Easy to get on target after a shot. Not much snap to it. Lifetime warranty, is reassuring.

Shot a few hundred rounds thru it at steel. Can't tell if it has an accuracy issue till I can shoot paper.

I don't like: The slop between the slide rail and frame, up front by the barrel end. Meaning you can shake it hard and it rattles. You'd think it would have been machined tighter. If I had realized this I probably would bought a CZ SP-01. The threaded barrel cap loosenes up often. Not a fan of the Nitron finish on the stainless slide. Dislike, in a cosmetic way, the way the mags bottom lip sticks out and is thin steel.

The paddle holster is fine. All I can say is that it works and I like the release mech.

P226-Dark-EliteTB-detail-Hero.jpg

Item NumberE26R-9-DSE-TB Caliber9mm Action TypeDA/SA Trigger Pull DA10.0 lbs Trigger Pull SA4.4 lbs Overall Length8.7 in Overall Height5.5 in Overall Width1.5 in Barrel Length4.4 in, 4.9 in (Threaded Barrel) Sight Radius6.3 in Weight w/Mag34.0 oz Mag Capacity15 Rounds SightsAdjustable Combat Night Sights GripsAluminum Grips Frame FinishBlack Hard Anodized Slide FinishNitron® Accessory RailYes FeaturesAluminum Grips, Beavertail frame, SRT™ - Short Reset Trigger MSRP$1,289.00

Edited by Gump

• Casper unpinned this topic