What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Picked up a Sig P226 Elite Dark Threaded barrel and a Blackhawk SERPA level 2 sportster paddle holster. The beavertail (similiar to 1911's) gives it extra hand support than a standard P226 and it feels VERY comfortable to grip. This is the #1 reason I chose it over the CZ SP-01. The CZ SP-01's grip forced my hand and primarily my thumb downward, It felt top heavy, and then sequentially forced my left hand thumb downward and I've always liked my thumbs high and tight on the edge of the frame and didn't want to re-learn. The P226 Elite's SRT(short reset trigger) is very nice for the SA, 4.4lbs, the 2nd reason I bought it. The adjustable combat night sites are clean to view, 3rd reason I bought it (adjustable). The decocker is surprisingly smooth and easy to operate. Take down is super easy. Easy to get on target after a shot. Not much snap to it. Lifetime warranty, is reassuring.

Shot a few hundred rounds thru it at steel. Can't tell if it has an accuracy issue till I can shoot paper.

I don't like: The slop between the slide rail and frame, up front by the barrel end. Meaning you can shake it hard and it rattles. You'd think it would have been machined tighter. If I had realized this I probably would bought a CZ SP-01. The threaded barrel cap loosenes up often. Not a fan of the Nitron finish on the stainless slide. Dislike, in a cosmetic way, the way the mags bottom lip sticks out and is thin steel.

The paddle holster is fine. All I can say is that it works and I like the release mech.

P226-Dark-EliteTB-detail-Hero.jpg

Item NumberE26R-9-DSE-TB Caliber9mm Action TypeDA/SA Trigger Pull DA10.0 lbs Trigger Pull SA4.4 lbs Overall Length8.7 in Overall Height5.5 in Overall Width1.5 in Barrel Length4.4 in, 4.9 in (Threaded Barrel) Sight Radius6.3 in Weight w/Mag34.0 oz Mag Capacity15 Rounds SightsAdjustable Combat Night Sights GripsAluminum Grips Frame FinishBlack Hard Anodized Slide FinishNitron® Accessory RailYes FeaturesAluminum Grips, Beavertail frame, SRT™ - Short Reset Trigger MSRP$1,289.00

No shit that thing is slick.... can I have it?

Shot my buddies custom worked over 45 today suppressed with and without water in the can.. Man that thing is sweet. 100yard off hand hits were pretty damn easy. Makes me want one bad...

Of course on a side note. New build barrel, BCG, gas key, and gas tube all came back from melonite today so now just waiting on the upper and handguard and can finally get everything assembled. :):) giggity.

Picked up a Sig P226 Elite Dark Threaded barrel and a Blackhawk SERPA level 2 sportster paddle holster. The beavertail (similiar to 1911's) gives it extra hand support than a standard P226 and it feels VERY comfortable to grip. This is the #1 reason I chose it over the CZ SP-01. The CZ SP-01's grip forced my hand and primarily my thumb downward, It felt top heavy, and then sequentially forced my left hand thumb downward and I've always liked my thumbs high and tight on the edge of the frame and didn't want to re-learn. The P226 Elite's SRT(short reset trigger) is very nice for the SA, 4.4lbs, the 2nd reason I bought it. The adjustable combat night sites are clean to view, 3rd reason I bought it (adjustable). The decocker is surprisingly smooth and easy to operate. Take down is super easy. Easy to get on target after a shot. Not much snap to it. Lifetime warranty, is reassuring.

Shot a few hundred rounds thru it at steel. Can't tell if it has an accuracy issue till I can shoot paper.

I don't like: The slop between the slide rail and frame, up front by the barrel end. Meaning you can shake it hard and it rattles. You'd think it would have been machined tighter. If I had realized this I probably would bought a CZ SP-01. The threaded barrel cap loosenes up often. Not a fan of the Nitron finish on the stainless slide. Dislike, in a cosmetic way, the way the mags bottom lip sticks out and is thin steel.

The paddle holster is fine. All I can say is that it works and I like the release mech.

P226-Dark-EliteTB-detail-Hero.jpg

Item NumberE26R-9-DSE-TB Caliber9mm Action TypeDA/SA Trigger Pull DA10.0 lbs Trigger Pull SA4.4 lbs Overall Length8.7 in Overall Height5.5 in Overall Width1.5 in Barrel Length4.4 in, 4.9 in (Threaded Barrel) Sight Radius6.3 in Weight w/Mag34.0 oz Mag Capacity15 Rounds SightsAdjustable Combat Night Sights GripsAluminum Grips Frame FinishBlack Hard Anodized Slide FinishNitron® Accessory RailYes FeaturesAluminum Grips, Beavertail frame, SRT™ - Short Reset Trigger MSRP$1,289.00

Nice piece!;)

Gump,

Run that Sig with plenty of heavy grease on the rails...especially if it's just a range piece.

All Sigs are loose, and a wet Sig is a happy Sig.

I use Slide Glide Medium on my, fyi.

Thanks. I'll have to check that out.

Gump,

Run that Sig with plenty of heavy grease on the rails...especially if it's just a range piece.

All Sigs are loose, and a wet Sig is a happy Sig.

I use Slide Glide Medium on my, fyi.

+1.... Sigs like it wet.

Brian was asking for a horizontal mag holster. I tried a few things and this is what I came up with.

There is a small tab in the back that hooks to the belt loop to prevent it from sliding forward when the mag is drawn. I molded it so it sat a little low to prevent pinching of skin when sitting. Did a bunch of dry fires and reloads and every thing went smooth. It conceals better then I thought since I couldnt mold it to the curve of my fat. So I was surprised. Going to do a little more sanding to smooth it out some more tomorrow if I get a chance.

IMG_20121014_204237.jpg

IMG_20121014_204315.jpg

IMG_20121014_204326.jpg

This past Saturday, our church put on a men's "top Shot" event. Very fun!

They had 5 different stations: Slingshot, Archery (recurve bow), pistol (about 25 yards, .22 pistols), rifle (about 30 or so yards, .22), and clays. I had not tried a slingshot or archery since I was a kid, and never for the clays. All of the weapons and ammo were provided.

The first round was teams of 5, everybody shot everything. The second round, each team decided who to send to each station. I did best on the rifle, with 22 out of 25, so that's where I went. The rifle station had a twist, the Mossberg plinkster with a Barska scope was jamming too much, so they switched it to a Walther G22 with open sights! :eek: I scored 18, I think it was, which was about a middle score. Nobody shot a 25 all day.

The guy running the clays station brought out some really nice shotguns for us to use, and even did some demos for us, he was shooting 3 at a time (all that the gun was setup to hold) and he was even tossing a handful at a time up and picking them off. He had shot competitively, so he was fun to watch!

It was all for fun, and the only injury was a guy that's in the Army shooting the G22 (bullpup, setup for right handed) left handed and the charging handle busted him in the mouth! :eek: He continued on after clearing the jam, and shot well, but didn't win. Actually a kid in his early teens won the rifle station!

I'll post my rifle targets tonight, if I remember.

• Casper unpinned this topic