What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Well, they have reopened Longhorner (sp?) gun range in Springfield off I-70 and 72 so a friend and I went to check it out. Place is still pretty empty for guns, but the range was well kept and almost empty so we shot about 100 rounds. Me with the LC9 and her with her shield. Then we went to Vandalia Armory and I dropped $299 on a new 995TS 9mm carbine from Hi Point. Came home and put 50 round thru it with one jam. Made a real fast video out of the last 8 shots and added some humor at the end. :rolleyes:

I never can remember if that's the carbine that uses glock mags or its another one.

Hot shells suck! Had one get pinned between my sling and the back of my neck one day..

When I was in the academy the firing line was pretty crowded it was almost a daily occurrence to get hot brass dropped into your shirt. The course of fire was timed with turning targets so there wasn't much you could do about to try to get the brass out without lowering your score. The worst time it happened to me was when we were doing tactical rifle training with the M4. I had two spent casings drop down into my under shirt. When I flinched one of them fell down under my vest and just pressed against my back. That was a pretty good burn.

The Kel-Tec Sub2000?

Yeah, that's the one. Only seen two reports on people who've bought them. One had one that worked perfect the other had sent his back because of misfires and jams. Not heard is it worked better now or not. But yes it uses glock mags and so do the theron defense and just right carbine in 9mm.

Like most Kel-tec products, hard to find a Sub2000. A friend has one, got to shoot it at an indoor range. SUb2000 in 9mm. I do not recal what mags it used. The 10 rounds I got fire it, it functioned very well. I have this on my list of guns to buy if I can find one.

Like most Kel-tec products, hard to find a Sub2000. A friend has one, got to shoot it at an indoor range. SUb2000 in 9mm. I do not recal what mags it used. The 10 rounds I got fire it, it functioned very well. I have this on my list of guns to buy if I can find one.

Look fun but I wanted something a bit more like a real rifle.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rr5tfG7b8&feature=relmfu

After watching this I see it comes in different style magazines. I've only heard of the ones that use Glock mags but apparently they vary.

Edited by buildit

^^ The Sub 2000 does have a novelity factor. At least the Hi-point does look more rifle like. As for portable long guns, the new Ruger 10/22 Takedown is on my list too. Dang, do I have a long list going.

Guns and bikes, no matter what you get you'll want more sooner or later. :rolleyes:

Do it! It will make it more realistic.

I tried to convince him we should do the tueller drill with the bad guy having a stun gun... he puss'd out.

You're going to have a blast. Do you have a old building we can train in?

I've got nothing.

I did try to get the front office to build a shoot house at the range. They just chuckled. :rolleyes:

I tried to convince him we should do the tueller drill with the bad guy having a stun gun... he puss'd out.

I've got nothing.

I did try to get the front office to build a shoot house at the range. They just chuckled. :rolleyes:

Smart man! I'll never take another taser hit ever again! We kind of need a building with rooms and hallways to do the training. We need minimum of four guys.

• Casper unpinned this topic