What i did in guns.

kawi kid

I was in Target World last week. The place just "feels" dirty, but I have to say that the folks I've dealt with who work there have been great. Friendly, personable, helpful, and knowledgeable.

Once I've used up my free hour on the shooting range, though, I don't think I'll be shooting there again. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them, though.

I shot the 100 clay course out at Briar Rabbit today. Uhhh, did not do well. I guess 40/100 isn't terrible for the first time shooting that course and for the first time of the season but I was hoping for better. It's layed out great and is very challenging, can't wait to get back out there and do it again. :D

I shot the 100 clay course out at Briar Rabbit today. Uhhh, did not do well. I guess 40/100 isn't terrible for the first time shooting that course and for the first time of the season but I was hoping for better. It's layed out great and is very challenging, can't wait to get back out there and do it again. :D

Is that what the area in the corner of the property with the green blinds is for? We heard you guys back there and saw the clays flying all over the place and wondered what type of event that was. :)

Couldn't call or text a brother :( I haven't shot clays in years

Yep, it starts at the end of the clubhouse building and winds it's way down and around the home, up into the woods and then back down to the CHL training area. There are currently 14 stations for 100 total targets. I normally get high 30's to low 40's on the 50 bird course. The 100 bird course is a fair bit more technical and I wasn't carrying the correct gun for it today.

I had my 20" cylinder bore Mossy 500 defense gun with me. :D Like I said, I can get into the 40's on the easier side with that setup. The 100 bird course is a bit longer ranged than the 50 and I was quickly humbled.:p Next time will be back to my Browning with the interchangeable chokes. :bow:

Lets see I went and got my pistol instructor stuff finished up through the NRA last week so if anyone needs their concealed handgun stuff they can get ahold of me.

I went yesterday with Parks and shot some steel with rifles and pistols. I think he has videos...

Lets see I went and got my pistol instructor stuff finished up through the NRA last week so if anyone needs their concealed handgun stuff they can get ahold of me.

I went yesterday with Parks and shot some steel with rifles and pistols. I think he has videos...

I think we need to start a sub club of OR people who have their NRA instructor license.... you know, exclusive stuff. :D

I'm officially a member of the NRA as of this month - paid up for the next 5 years.

I joined a few months ago. I can't believe the amount of email and snail mail they send regardless of how many times I opt out. It's starting to piss me off.

And you don't want to piss me off...I own guns :lol:

I joined a few months ago. I can't believe the amount of email and snail mail they send regardless of how many times I opt out. It's starting to piss me off.

And you don't want to piss me off...I own guns :lol:

The phone calls will start soon. They will blast you from every angle. I did not renew because of it, and told them so.

The infamous Brown Santa dropped off a BCG this afternoon. $120 from AIM Surplus.

Basically just need to settle on a barrel and fore-end now. Funny thing: just kind of accumulated all these parts over the last few of months at-or-below pre-panic prices. Well, except for the lower...paid $100 for that.

I think it became somewhat of a sport over the winter to snag things that came available and at good prices.

photo2gpw.jpg

I'm thinking DD midlength with an A2 FSB at the rifle position/rifle length handguard ala 'dissipator'... I have a carry handle somewhere...would be a good K.I.S.S. setup.

I believe there is a clause in their membership authorizing them to call you with an up to date membership

They can do what they want. But so can I, and i did. Told them to put me on the do not call and I didn't renew.

Seriously, the number calls, emails and small mails was insane. I've since been told by several people that they do that to first year members but it calls down after that.

They can do what they want. But so can I, and i did. Told them to put me on the do not call and I didn't renew.

Seriously, the number calls, emails and small mails was insane. I've since been told by several people that they do that to first year members but it calls down after that.

That's one of the reasons why I let my membership end years ago after a decade with the NRA. The constant emails, calls and postal solicitations pissed me off. There was a constant "the sky is falling and it's all <insert anti-gun enemy's> fault so you need to be a patriot and donate another 100 clams before you children are defenseless and collaborating with commits!" tone. The radical paranoia and contortion of the truth was unpalatable, and I bet it's just as bad or worse now. Alas, I did renew when I took my CCW class, so like an idiot, I bet I just sealed my fate for another decade...

• Casper unpinned this topic