What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Went to the range and fired my father's rifle I got when he passed.Kinda strange firing it without him there with me. I also got to shoot a Winchester Model 61 pump, a Savage model 65M and a Norinco SKS.

on the phone with them

Did you get the information you wanted? Sorry if I'm a little vague as It was my first real class outside CCW training. I was hoping it was a competition training class to learn the different types. But it quickly became a tactical style class with drawing and target acquisition training.

Did the IDPA thing. Lenient with newbies of course. Great time. Think I did pretty good.

Nope I sucked. 10th out of 27 people. MM class in SSP Division. 1st in accuracy over all but I was slow. Total 164.85

Edited by Gump

Did you get the information you wanted? Sorry if I'm a little vague as It was my first real class outside CCW training. I was hoping it was a competition training class to learn the different types. But it quickly became a tactical style class with drawing and target acquisition training.

Yeah I did. How did it go for you?

Did the IDPA thing. Lenient with newbies of course. Great time. Think I did pretty good.

I want to get to one of these.

Yeah I did. How did it go for you?

I shot better than I thought I would and was improving as the day went on. I have a better idea of things I need to work on too.

Its a real eye opener taking your first class.

If you haven't try the 10-10-10 drill, also the ball and dummy drill.

The what? :confused:

No hable los gun technical terminology. Jeff taught the muzzle tuck and I thought he said "

mazal_tov_greeting_card_jewish_rabbi_cartoon-r6de8339a9558430686add7e77633a2ca_xvuai_8byvr_512.jpg" :lol:

Okay looked them up. I've done the dummy drill with Lisa where we load a dummy or several into each others mags. As for the 10-10-10 drill I shoot 8 inch home made steel targets at 35ft but not timed.

Edited by buildit

10-10-10 is 10 shots from 10 yards in 10 secs from draw. Using this target

Target_1inxbull_Full.gif

90 out of 100 is passing.

Ball and dummy drill is a mix of dry fire/ live fire. Works best with a buddy to help.

With a clear gun take aim and put a spent casing on the front sight and pull the trigger with out the casing falling off either side. ( forward and back may happen due to striker action in the pistol) Then do it on a timer set to random, so that you can't dictate when you pull the trigger. Next take one empty mag and a mag loaded with 1 round and have your buddy (or if you do it yourself dont try and feel or look for the round) load your pistol take aim and slow fire. Then go to the timer again and pull the trigger on the buzz. Each time you flinch do 5 dry fires.

10-10-10 is 10 shots from 10 yards in 10 secs from draw. Using this target

Target_1inxbull_Full.gif

90 out of 100 is passing.

Ball and dummy drill is a mix of dry fire/ live fire. Works best with a buddy to help.

With a clear gun take aim and put a spent casing on the front sight and pull the trigger with out the casing falling off either side. ( forward and back may happen due to striker action in the pistol) Then do it on a timer set to random, so that you can't dictate when you pull the trigger. Next take one empty mag and a mag loaded with 1 round and have your buddy (or if you do it yourself dont try and feel or look for the round) load your pistol take aim and slow fire. Then go to the timer again and pull the trigger on the buzz. Each time you flinch do 5 dry fires.

Sounds like some good practice. I've gotten spoiled shooting steel and reactive targets like in the videos I've done, so I ought to head out back with some paper sometime and see how good I can do. I assume the MKIII at 35 ft doesn't count. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YMF7ODpZIw

So I ended up with today off so I started my attempt to make some IDPA style knock down targets for my range. Yes, I know what it looks like but please, it's my first attempt. They'll look less anti sectarian as I get better. :rolleyes:

knockdown3_zpsa0a4635b.jpg

knockdown1_zpsd8f34ec6.jpg

So I ended up with today off so I started my attempt to make some IDPA style knock down targets for my range. Yes, I know what it looks like but please, it's my first attempt. They'll look less anti sectarian as I get better. :rolleyes:

knockdown3_zpsa0a4635b.jpg

knockdown1_zpsd8f34ec6.jpg

Leave baby Jesus out of this!

• Casper unpinned this topic