Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

Be sure to get to Franklin NC...down 28 about 30 miles or so from where everyone is staying. Caffe Rel. Get a bowl, not a cup, of the Blue Crab Bisque. Stuff is like liquid crack. I am serious, you must go there. It is attached to the gas station in Franlin on the far left corner of the first major intersection as you come into town.

Also in Maggie Valley on the same side of the street as the bike museum is a big white diner that has amazing pan fried trout.

I sure as hell will.

I think I'm actually going to go through this whole thread before the trip and write down all of the suggested places. I refuse to miss out!

damnit I wanted to finally try the trout. I wasn't too impressed with their ribs but all you guys were raving about the trout

Pappy's isn't the place in Maggie Valley. It's called Maggie Valley Restaurant and they have it for lunch..

http://maggievalleyrestaurant.net/

You can make a real nice ride over to there from where you will be staying. Go up accross the dragon...then across foothills parkway then the river road to gatlingburg area. Hang a right into the smokeys and then left on the BRP to Maggie Valley. Also can hit the museum. Not a high speed rocket trip but an awesome ride.

I may be telling you stuff you already know.

Museum: http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/RbB7F

Pappy's isn't the place in Maggie Valley. It's called Maggie Valley Restaurant and they have it for lunch..

http://maggievalleyrestaurant.net/

You can make a real nice ride over to there from where you will be staying. Go up accross the dragon...then across foothills parkway then the river road to gatlingburg area. Hang a right into the smokeys and then left on the BRP to Maggie Valley. Also can hit the museum. Not a high speed rocket trip but an awesome ride.

I may be telling you stuff you already know.

Museum: http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/RbB7F

Likwid and I actually made that ride over to Pigeon Forge to meet a friend of mine for lunch one day. Pappy's is the place somewhere on 129 I think right near the NC/GA border.

One of the best burgers I have ever had was at a gas station in Tellico. I think it was a BP with attached sporting goods store. I will go there again.

Biggie

I had a phenomenal blow job just outside the bonfire rocks and none of you drunks noticed, I hope to get that again

For you CCW folks, don't forget Georgia does not reciprocate. You'll need to look into a PA or FL license. I'm sure there are others also. FYI.

Some of us got that taken care of last year, its not that hard to get your non-res PA permit. There is a thread that goes into detail somewhere, im too lazy to search right now. The closest county we found to do it was Erie, all you need is this app( http://www.eriecountygov.org/dept/sheriff/pdf/ECLTC10_08.pdf ) your ohio CHL and drivers license and two non family references. It's walk in with no appointment needed and get you permit in the mail within a week.

here is the addy:

140 West 6th Street #400, Erie, PA

(814) 451-6254

Edited by 2talltim

Just sayin'...

But' date=' yeah...no guns in GA without a permit. Especially at double the posted speed limit. :eek:[/quote']

The NC trooper was really cool when he clocked us(me) at 94 mph and I told him mine was in my tank bag:D

Im hoping to have a viffer by then and be slow like you :p

I wish it was the VFR that slows me down :cry:

though I will be getting new suspension bits before the season starts to compensate for my fat ass :D

That's because it doesn't take you as long to get back on the road with a strom

That's just maen:rolleyes:...one thing I can say I have never left the road on a bike, all my spills were right down the center:D

Its funny because I accually think I'm faster on the vstrom than I was on the TL..lol
I thought the same thing. I think it's because the bike fit me better height-wise. I was more comfortable, and had more room to move. I scraped the right side peg on 555.
That's because it doesn't take you as long to get back on the road with a strom
That's hilarious. :lol:

I thought the same thing. I think it's because the bike fit me better height-wise. I was more comfortable, and had more room to move. I scraped the right side peg on 555.

That's hilarious. :lol:

I agree..plus the way the fuel mapping was on that TL I was always afraid it would jump or hicup in a bad spot and I would loose it. The strom is sooo much smoother.

The NC trooper was really cool when he clocked us(me) at 94 mph and I told him mine was in my tank bag:D
That trooper was awesome. Not even a warning. I think he was hoping one or more of us would run. He was probably disappointed that we all pulled over.

Him - "You know why I pulled you over?"

Me - "Not really....."

Him - "I clocked you at 94 (I thought it was like 79 or something, but don't remember) in a 55."

Me - "No shit? Huh. My bad. Want my license and registration?"

Him - "You have a MC endorsement?"

Me - "Yes sir."

Him - "You're good. Slow down."

Me - "No shit? Wow. Thanks a lot man. Say, we're having a party tonight at Fontana Village. If you swing by, I got all your drinks covered."

That trooper was awesome. Not even a warning. I think he was hoping one or more of us would run. He was probably disappointed that we all pulled over.

Him - "You know why I pulled you over?"

Me - "Not really....."

Him - "I clocked you at 94 (I thought it was like 79 or something, but don't remember) in a 55."

Me - "No shit? Huh. My bad. Want my license and registration?"

Him - "You have a MC endorsement?"

Me - "Yes sir."

Him - "You're good. Slow down."

Me - "No shit? Wow. Thanks a lot man. Say, we're having a party tonight at Fontana Village. If you swing by, I got all your drinks covered."

He got Joel at 70 something, me at 94...that dude was the coolest, I was hoping he would have took your invite and showed up for some brews

:lol: that explains why Chris went and got hundreds of dollars worth of liquor, he was going to prepay because I was doing around 165 when I lost sight of him

I am riding sweep this year. I'll let you guys find the cops' date=' deer and Mazdas....and scared women in white sedans just over the rise. :eek:[/quote'] Don't forget the pissed/crazy lady in the red Cavalier on Warwoman.