Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

Bridal Vail Falls. You should take 28 all the way to SC/GA' date=' too. You missed the good parts. :)[/quote']

I know those parts, if I was on my computer I could post a pick of.the "welcome to SC" sign thats on 28.

my favorite roads down that way are out near helen, GA. theres a road called 60, and one called 180. theres also the lower section of 129. over in clayton ga, closer to nc/ga boarder in the tristate area is war woman.

whenever I plan to hit the smokies, I plan on spending my time in GA. get away from the tourists and ride the better roads.

- Aaron Coomer for president 2016

I know those parts, if I was on my computer I could post a pick of.the "welcome to SC" sign thats on 28.

my favorite roads down that way are out near helen, GA. theres a road called 60, and one called 180. theres also the lower section of 129. over in clayton ga, closer to nc/ga boarder in the tristate area is war woman.

whenever I plan to hit the smokies, I plan on spending my time in GA. get away from the tourists and ride the better roads.

so much awesome is in those parts. Last year for the trip, we got in a solid 3 days of riding and I didn't even hit the Dragon once. I'd much rather hit all that fun stuff and the Cherehola

Im 90% sure we hit all those last year. Cant wait to do it again and hopefully ride some more I have not.

I love crab bisque! It's low-cal and not very fattening either!

You have to go to this place when you are down there. I found it the first time I went down that way...was with another dude and we pulled in for gas in Franklin. That giant gas station on the north end of town on 28. It was hot as hell, we were starving he looks at me and says where we gonna eat. Attached to the gas station is Caffe Rel. I notice and say there!! Had no idea wtf it was.

Go in and it turns out it is a five star french restaurant attached to the gas station in the middle of NC. Lunch prices are very reasonable and they are famous for their blue crab bisque. Some of the best food I have ever had. Bowl of soup and a Cuban Press sandwich.

The owner is a character. His big thing is don't sit down until all your friends have arrived...no sitting around waiting for them. He is like the soup nazi if you do that, he throws you right out. But a great guy, rich as hell...he is always driving a Lambo or something along those lines.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/230/1102252/restaurant/North-Carolina/Caffe-Rel-Franklin

Edited by Tonik

I'll show you how to ride through there a bit of you'd like. Always willing to help out a newb.

I'll be on a touring bike anyway, so won't be going that fast.

If by touring bike you mean your ST...you move along plenty fast!

Sweet. THanks. I appreciate that! :D

Be careful at stops and stay geared up with bike running. He doesn't wait around, lol. When he goes you better be on the bike and in first gear ready to roll.

Sent via mobile

That literally just made me laugh out loud.

Be careful at stops and stay geared up with bike running. He doesn't wait around, lol. When he goes you better be on the bike and in first gear ready to roll.

I've reformed and became slow.

Still, have your shit together when the bus is ready to roll !:p

Sent via mobile

haha good to know. If he leaves me behind, well then I'm sure I'll be ok. Hopefully i'll get enough riding time in before all this that i'll be able to hold me own a little.

Anyone want to do some fishing while were there this year? I'm not sure where a good spot is. I saw no fish, not even minnows, in the big pond with a dam.

Oh I am always all for fishing!!!

haha good to know. If he leaves me behind, well then I'm sure I'll be ok. Hopefully i'll get enough riding time in before all this that i'll be able to hold me own a little.

They're just kidding you. I'll hang back with you until you get used to riding there.

Dawmn I'm ready for spring to come... I want to do the same route we did for the Dream Ride this fall... I need to work on my riding before I hit the dragon...

It is perfectly acceptable to go to that area without riding the Dragon. Though if its your first time it's kind of something you have to do. My first time through I was nervous as all hell but pretty much went the speed limit the whole way and was fine. I had very little skill that first trip

Oldschool and I rode 28 all the way to N.C. It was a really good ride. I think they call it Moonshiners run or something. I dunno. There was a really cool waterfall as well that you could park the bike behind/under and get some nice pics. Next time I'm going to actually grab my camera not just my iPhone.

Sounds good, If you guys wanna head that way for a bit I'd be down for that.

Anyone want to do some fishing while were there this year? I'm not sure where a good spot is. I saw no fish, not even minnows, in the big pond with a dam.

I've got some poles I can bring been trying to fish for awhile now

It is perfectly acceptable to go to that area without riding the Dragon. Though if its your first time it's kind of something you have to do. My first time through I was nervous as all hell but pretty much went the speed limit the whole way and was fine. I had very little skill that first trip

That's what I'm expecting... I'm not one to ride outside my comfort level... I'd rather let people pass then mess up and end up wrecked!

That's what I'm expecting... I'm not one to ride outside my comfort level... I'd rather let people pass then mess up and end up wrecked!

That's the right attitude. We're not there to see who's the fastest and someone will always wait at the turn offs.

I was the same way, but after riding this trip I felt like my skill level was 10 times what it was going in and I wasnt hauling ass either. I was originally only going to ride the dragon once but ended up riding it 4 or 5 times because it was a blast!

I was the same way, but after riding this trip I felt like my skill level was 10 times what it was going in and I wasnt hauling ass either. I was originally only going to ride the dragon once but ended up riding it 4 or 5 times because it was a blast!

Annnnnd getting more excited... June, get your ass here!!

That's the right attitude. We're not there to see who's the fastest and someone will always wait at the turn offs.

Bullshit, that's the only reason 4 of us go is to outrun the other 3 and rub it in the rest of the year. Turnone may have bragging rights from last year but I'm gonna sabotage him this year and smoke him. Who's yer daddy Chris, that's right this midgets goan be :D

• Upvote 1