What riding pants do you wear?

nautical1

I'm happy with these. I can zip off the leg panels for air in the summer. I was way overheated on the dream ride with these over blue jeans. I should have taken out the quilted liner. They have a wind liner that the quilted liner zips into. I like 'em. I got them from the Iron Pony store.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=237&cat=4

Flex Pant

• 600 Denier Carbolex® shell converts easily to an Armor-Link Mesh shell, and vice-versa.

• Phoslite® reflective piping helps to increase nighttime visibility.

• Heat resistant material panels line the lower inseams to help protect the pants from engine heat.

• Thigh length side zippers allow for ease of dressing.

• Double stitched construction throughout.

• Dual elastic panel waistband with adjustable waist belts and a 2-snap main closure.

• Removable, CE approved knee armor with Tour Master's exclusive 3-Position Knee Armor Alignment System as well as removable soft hip armor.

• Stretch materials in the calf, inseam and knees provide flexibility and a performance fit.

• Includes Tour Master's removable, 2-Stage Aqua-Therm® liner; the first stage is a waterproof/windproof liner, and the insulated second stage can be easily attached for additional warmth.

• Adjustable waist belts, with TPR pulls, help to fine tune the fit.

• Features an 8" pant/jacket zipper attachment with the jacket side included.

• Can be combined with Tour Master Flex jacket.

Edited by JackFlash

That's where I'm at now with pants and gloves. Both are too warm for the summer and make me dread having to wear them in anything above 80.

How well do they breathe with the vents on them? My Fieldsheer pants have vents but they don't seem to help too much.

And does anyone know how Cordura differs from 600 denier fibers? I keep reading mixed reviews on which is better.

Gets warm above 80, vents work ok when moving. Looking for something with better air flow for hot weather.

Bought a pair of Shift Kevlar reinforced jeans. I like them for casual to moderate paced street riding, but on spirited rides I just throw on the leathers.

Reinforced jeans are nice because you can wear them in to places without looking like a Power Ranger.

Olympia AirGlide pants. I use these as an all season pant. Without the liners they flow plenty of air, are super comfortable (after a few miles of break-in) and hold up to crashes really well.

I crashed in one pair down in Deal's Gap area on my old Buell. Hit gravel mid corner going about 55 pants didn't shred, armor stayed put. This was on a chip and tar road (Happy Valley for those in the know). I ended up getting a few raspberry's from the armor rubbing as I was wearing shorts underneath (I did upgrade the armor to Knox in the knees and hips). I promptly bought another pair and those have been down plenty of times off-road with nary a scratch. I burned through the left leg due to standing on the bike and contacting the exhaust header. My fault, but they have held up great.

With the liner (fully insulated, waterproof and wearable on it's own) the pants can be worn down into the 30's on a naked bike with a heated vest. Without the heated vest, these are solid pants in temps in the high 40's or above.

I'm looking at getting a pair of summer pants that vent better than my Fieldsheer Mercury 2.0 pants but I'm stuck on deciding between a textile overpant or reinforced jeans.

I've only got what you have, but I just got them around late October (only wore jeans til then... I know, bad), so haven't experienced them in hot weather yet. For cold weather, they've been awesome though...

Motoport Ultra II Cordura Pants, 1000wt material and they breathe REALLY nicely. 5mph and you can feel good all day. You can get a liner for them and they're good for -20 to 120. Plus you call in your sizes and they custom cut them to your measurements.

Well I had an afternoon to kill so I went down to Iron Pony today to see check out different textiles in person and really went in planning to buy the Deuce pants but ended up buying the A* Oxygen textile pants. The Deuce textile pants are a nice pant but they were tight at the waist but very loose in the knees and extremely long. The A* pants were all around more comfortable although they're still a little loose in the knees but they work a lot better for an overpant then the scorpions I think. They also come with the zipper attachment all the way around the pants so I can have the other end sewn into my jacket which is nice. Now I'm debating on getting strap on knee armor or seeing if I can get velcro patches put in behind the knee so I have the option to tighten them while riding. I wish Iron Pony had more pants in stock (I think I'm just being picky) but it's definitely nice being able to try stuff on instead of ordering something and having to deal with the hassle of sending stuff back online just to see what works.

Edited by nautical1

I'm happy with these. I can zip off the leg panels for air in the summer. I was way overheated on the dream ride with these over blue jeans. I should have taken out the quilted liner. They have a wind liner that the quilted liner zips into. I like 'em. I got them from the Iron Pony store.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=237&cat=4

Flex Pant...

have these too.

summer: too hot? srsly? wear shorts underneath, no liner.

winter: zip in the liner, add some under armour-liner-thingys if you need 'em.

johnny tested and approved.

can't comment as to the 'crash-worthiness' - 'cause i haven't beefed in these pants...yet.