Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

26 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I spent the day chasing Derek and crew down 83 78 and so on. And hanging with hot chicks.

is 83 open north of new concord ?

Yea right with the hot chicks Pics please or there not so hot

11 minutes ago, bmwnut said:

is 83 open north of new concord ?

Yea right with the hot chicks Pics please or there not so hot

Yep, it's open up there.  There is a closure weekdays where 93 and 83 come together south of Coshocton, but that is weekdays 8 to 3.

wooster.jpg

Edited by Tonik

24 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yep, it's open up there.  There is a closure weekdays where 93 and 83 come together south of Coshocton, but that is weekdays 8 to 3.

wooster.jpg

thanks for the up date!

tonik 1

bmwnut 0

30 minutes ago, Casper said:

Those the grandkids? Homecoming? 

Dang, Dave would have had to have them when he was like 17. No idea who they were.But yea, it was their homecoming.  I think we were some kind of scavenger hunt thing.

Ok I just booked my GF and I a room for FRIDAY Night in Beckley, WV!

(Its going to take us all day to get down there! 7.5hrs + time for gas stops, 2 food stops, 2-3 butt breaks are all REQUIRED for riding 2UP!

This way were FRESH for Saturday Mornings met/start @ that BP gas just down the road! :)

What about the other nights of the trip, did Jim reserve afew rooms that I will pay when we go to check in each night?

Or . . .

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

7 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Ok I just booked my GF and I a room for FRIDAY Night in Beckley, WV!

(Its going to take us all day to get down there! 7.5hrs + time for gas stops, 2 food stops, 2-3 butt breaks are all REQUIRED for riding 2UP!

This way were FRESH for Saturday Mornings met/start @ that BP gas just down the road! :)

What about the other nights of the trip, did Jim reserve afew rooms that I will pay when we go to check in each night?

Or . 

Meet time is noon in Beckley.  You need to reserve your own rooms for each night, the hotels are in the second post.

Any other Buckeye fans on this trip? Maybe we can find a place with in walking distance that will have the game on. Looking at Google maps there is a Hooters, OCharlys and a Applebee's near by. One of them should have the game on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Any other Buckeye fans on this trip? Maybe we can find a place with in walking distance that will have the game on. Looking at Google maps there is a Hooters, OCharlys and a Applebee's near by. One of them should have the game on.

I'm down to watch the game.

11 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I'm down to watch the game.

10 hours ago, what said:

I don't know nothin about football or the buckeyes but I'll hang out with whomever over sitting around in the hotel room like a dullard. 

Should be a good game, Buckeyes are ranked #2 and Badgers #11. It's at 8pm its ABC's primetime game of the week so most places should have it televised. I checked on the Tenn and VT game time because the locals will want to watch those and they are earlier games so those places should be cleared out by that time.

• Upvote 2

I would definitely like to catch the game. 

As mentioned it is probably the top game next Saturday and at primetime so it is very likely on the local stations. However hanging at a bar to get dinner and watch sounds better than sitting in the hotel room.

Only thing I realized I needed yesterday were warmer socks and a new pair or warm weather gloves(mine are shot). Got some wool socks at walmart and might just try to squeeze this last trip out of my old gloves. Worst case I toast them on the second day and have to wear my cold weather gortex gloves the rest of the trip. I have time to get another pair but just don't know what I want. I love the JoeRocket Phoenix gloves ive had but only getting one to two seasons out of them(on my 3rd pair in 4 years)and they don't have a tech finger.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Only thing I realized I needed yesterday were warmer socks and a new pair or warm weather gloves(mine are shot). Got some wool socks at walmart and might just try to squeeze this last trip out of my old gloves. Worst case I toast them on the second day and have to wear my cold weather gortex gloves the rest of the trip. I have time to get another pair but just don't know what I want. I love the JoeRocket Phoenix gloves ive had but only getting one to two seasons out of them(on my 3rd pair in 4 years)and they don't have a tech finger.

Well i was running into the same issue. Ordered a set of Klim Agressor 1.0 glove liners on Amazon Prime for 20 bucks last night. We'll see how they go. I also got a set of Goretex winter gloves, but they're bulky.

8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well i was running into the same issue. Ordered a set of Klim Agressor 1.0 glove liners on Amazon Prime for 20 bucks last night. We'll see how they go. I also got a set of Goretex winter gloves, but they're bulky.

Mine aren't real bulky just worried they will be too warm when the temps break onto th e 70s. Have been considering the A*  smx-1 air. Just concerned about the fit I know some say order A* a size bigger. Don't think I'll have time to run down to the pony any this week.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Mine aren't real bulky just worried they will be too warm when the temps break onto th e 70s. Have been considering the A*  smx-1 air. Just concerned about the fit I know some say order A* a size bigger. Don't think I'll have time to run down to the pony any this week.

The fit will be fine. I have 2XL and wear an XL in just about every other brand I've had. My A* are hands down my best glove though

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I carry three pairs of gloves in my bike.  Lightweight, medium weight also waterpoof, and heated also waterproof.  You guys need more storage space.

I carry plenty too, insulated cold weather gortex, light weight rain glove and a back up to my warm weather. My only problem is I'mve been wearing my back up all season that I wear 90% of the time. Thought I had till spring to replace them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

The fit will be fine. I have 2XL and wear an XL in just about every other brand I've had. My A* are hands down my best glove though

All 3 pairs of my A* glove have ripped on at least one of the inner finger seams. Besides longevity, they've done me well.

I went RST this most recent time around.

• Tonik unpinned this topic