So What did you run at the track today?

V8 Beast

New PB of 10.724 @ 127.08, with a PB sixty-foot of 1.583.

I ended up later on making a better pass that was almost 1/10 quicker in the 1/8 than the above pass, but I let out since Trails threatened to kick me for not having a cage. That shoulda been a 10.6x pass :(

PS: I still hold the quickest stock bottom end LS1 in Columbus title and held Brian off for that title by 2/1000 of a second :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up later on making a better pass that was almost 1/10 quicker in the 1/8 than the above pass, but I let out since Trails threatened to kick me for not having a cage. That shoulda been a 10.6x pass :(

PS: I still hold the quickest stock bottom end LS1 in Columbus title and held Brian off for that title by 2/1000 of a second :D

That's great news!!! I know you've had some issues with the car this season, nice to see things come together for you!

That was a fun race between us. Your reaction time was the difference.

yeah it was..... I kept looking in my passenger window for your fender to start showing up then I would look in the rear view to try and see where you were at. I only ran a 12.10 that pass but had a good light.

Finally was able to hit an 11.98 on motor so i was pretty excited. Car has a couple more issues to work out, and now traction is becoming an issue again. Didn't do much with the nitrous but blow the tires off and run mid 11s, car is gonna need a lot more effort to do well while spraying but overall a good day.

11.90 @ 120mph w/1.98 60' time, almost matches my PB of 11.89 set last week at NMRA. I did set a new best 1/8 MPH of 96.98mph. I couldn't launch or shift today. I lost a cylinder after missing a shift and bouncing off the rev limiter at 6800 rpm. :(

Head wind I tell you...head wind! :lol:

10.726 here @ 128.64.. 1.62 60'

yeah it was..... I kept looking in my passenger window for your fender to start showing up then I would look in the rear view to try and see where you were at. I only ran a 12.10 that pass but had a good light.

I think I pulled a total of two feet on you the entire time. It was like our cars were going the exact same speed.

New personal best for us of 9.39 at 157mph. We also had personal best 60's in the 1.3x's but the track would not hold the car after lunch time. We tried a few things but nothing worked so we packed it up unharmed. All in all, a great day.

New personal best for us of 9.39 at 157mph. We also had personal best 60's in the 1.3x's but the track would not hold the car after lunch time. We tried a few things but nothing worked so we packed it up unharmed. All in all, a great day.

Man that thing was hauling ass! My Jaws dropped when you grabbed 3rd :eek:

how did things go at KOC I saw Mike make 2 more passes and they weren't full blown passes, did you make any more?

how did things go at KOC I saw Mike make 2 more passes and they weren't full blown passes, did you make any more?

No that was it.

The track officials weren't too happy with us in the afternoon. They kept stopping him at the shut off every pass and telling me at the tree how squirly the car is and that we need to do something different. I said "yeah the track needs prepped".

So we decided to just wait til KOC thinking it would improve. First pass was still dialed up and it went all over the place. They yelled at us again so I tried really dialing the car down. He came out real soft on the next one and it just went 10.1 at 156mph. At that point we decided to pack it up as it was clear to us that we weren't going to get any better.

I'm not mad at NTR for being concerned. Our car is all over the place and I can see their point. Its a scary looking ride. I don't think they see enough AWD cars like ours to know what to think of it either. We are probably approaching some suspension limits and we're probably on too small of a tire at this point. We have a lot of data to analyze.

Finally was able to hit an 11.98 on motor so i was pretty excited. Car has a couple more issues to work out, and now traction is becoming an issue again. Didn't do much with the nitrous but blow the tires off and run mid 11s, car is gonna need a lot more effort to do well while spraying but overall a good day.

*cough* slicks *cough* *cough*

pretty slow, not bad i suppose considering its just a rebuilt 440 w/ basic stuff and a garbage suspension which doesn't help especially when old mopars in general do not have the best susp. to begin with

14.05 on street tires

13.86 street tires /removed air cleaner

13.55-13.49 dot's went from 2.4 to 1.9 60 foot

No that was it.

The track officials weren't too happy with us in the afternoon. They kept stopping him at the shut off every pass and telling me at the tree how squirly the car is and that we need to do something different. I said "yeah the track needs prepped".

So we decided to just wait til KOC thinking it would improve. First pass was still dialed up and it went all over the place. They yelled at us again so I tried really dialing the car down. He came out real soft on the next one and it just went 10.1 at 156mph. At that point we decided to pack it up as it was clear to us that we weren't going to get any better.

I'm not mad at NTR for being concerned. Our car is all over the place and I can see their point. Its a scary looking ride. I don't think they see enough AWD cars like ours to know what to think of it either. We are probably approaching some suspension limits and we're probably on too small of a tire at this point. We have a lot of data to analyze.

yeah I saw the 10.1@156 a lot of people where I was standing were pretty amazed at the car

Well.. I wish i could have posted up a new PB time, but here goes my great week story of all the headaches...

I first entered just one car, my 1984 z-28 vortech 275 tire car, and a friend of mines jr dragster, well turned out that they (with the jr dragster) didnt want to go, so i was stuck with two tickets, which was ok, so i could take my 2001 ss camaro as well.

So lets start with the 2001 Camaro SS- I needed rear tires for the car, so i was going to buy some at the Ford Weekend down at trails directly off of M/T, well there price of 538 dollars was not bad, but they looked at my wheels- and said they didnt want to mess them up, so i passed on buying them. Later that same day- i bought a set off a guy in the swap meet area, 350 dollars (brand new!) So i was really excited, i called Jegs- canceled my order, and took off to one of the two stores that were near by Jegs who could install the wheels. Well- i took it to firestone, i showed them my car, and i got (no problem, can do it!) So i was pumped... 3 hours later- they finally get my tires on the wheels/wheels on car. After hearing 3 guys all upset and basically banging my rims around (budnick wheels), i thought this wouldnt be pretty.. Yup- all nicked up, scratched up. So i told them, look these were not like this- took them down to wheel medic tuesday, and firestone paid the bill of 275.00.. ya..

So back to the 1984 z-28.

I was in full hopes of getting the car out to the track today, knowing its been a year- been sitting in my inclosed trailer- and knowing that the brakes just were not up to par. So we started with replacing front lines.. Then wilwood master cyl, after bleeding 3 times- no good.. still no brakes.. Then we replaced the front hoses, no good.. then the calipers, finally! They were the problem.. ya after spending 300, i finally got it to stop- I took the car out on the street, shifted 1, 2, 3?? Third poped into neutral.. ya who knows... There was an adjustment that needed to be done on the shifter, and we tryed it again, but just wasnt going so well- (by this time it was 2:00- and only 3 hours left of track rental that i had spent 65 dollars on)

So by this time, im thinking, ya know what- im just going to take my 01 ss down, at least make a couple passes, and call it a day.. So i tell my buddy to hop in, and we will go down to the track with my one car that is ready.. I started to pull out of the driveway (in the grass) and there was a little hump in the yard.. ya.. Those brand new 305/35/18 tires that i thought had no problem, just had a problem.. I cut the tread part of the tire up, to a point where it will not hurt the tire, but just looks horrible..

I ended up going down to the track at 4:00 today, drove the car, and did not even want to hit the track, probably just guessing that with my new mt's i probably would have dropped the t-56 out the back end, and just would have added more of a mess to the day...

Had a bad day..

My Personal best at Ntr last year:

2001 ss camaro (stock bottom end) 2.42 60'/ 12.40@ 127

1984 z-28 left 2000rpm, first time out, lifted twice- 161 60'/11.24@126