Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

The number of TV vs internet sales shows this too. Each year, more people are paying for the higher tier internet and dropping their television subscriptions to lower tier or completely. This is why my job at the cable company has transitioned from video commercials to digital advertising. People want mobility.

That is pretty much why I dropped DirecTV and went with Sling...well and the fact that it's way cheaper.  I have it on Firesticks, tablet, and laptop, they are all mobile..  

17 minutes ago, what said:

Found out my sister's wedding next year may overlap the June Gap Trip.

The fun part? She's getting married just south of Suches, GA. Maybe. Looks like June Gap + Wedding Trip next year :o Walk her down the aisle in my power ranger suit. 

We should totally all go the the wedding and do some kind of procession thing.  Like a funeral without the dead guy of course.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

OK, so watching a movie or tv series on tv is no good, but watching the same thing on the internet is better...somehow?  It seems infinitely arbitrary to me.

If you are talking about a technology time suck, I would say the internet is worse.  Probably far worse, but to each their own...and stuff.

Edit:  The lines between TV/Streaming/internet are blurry if they even exist anymore.  They overlap more than they don't.  I don't follow the logic in saying one is acceptable but not the other :dunno:  

Can you fast forward through the commercials? No, unless you recorded the show first.
Can you watch that move at 2PM if it is scheduled at 8PM?  Nope.
Do you have an infinite source of people contributing to "How To Do It" like programs with details specific to your needs?  Nope again.

But in the world of Internet you can.
If you are not on the Internet now, which it is obvious you are not, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation

As a friend let me introduce you to a wonderful world like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...  it begins with a little program called Google Chrome.  
You type anything you want to know in it and out comes a magical world of goodness?

tdy_willywonkagrab2_151111_0_d996f21baacdd533d5f34f5ac3e47df4.jpg

12 minutes ago, Fin said:

Can you fast forward through the commercials? No, unless you recorded the show first.
Can you watch that move at 2PM if it is scheduled at 8PM?  Nope.
Do you have an infinite source of people contributing to "How To Do It" like programs with details specific to your needs?  Nope again.

But in the world of Internet you can.
If you are not on the Internet now, which it is obvious you are not, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation

You don't need to sell me on the internet, it's not at all the point.  Yes. I can watch any movie I want, anytime, commercial free on via the internet or on TV.    

18 hours ago, Fin said:

I haven't owned a TV for 30 years.
I'm too busy living to watch TV.

You're too busy living to watch TV, but you're aren't too busy living to play on the internet???  It's a silly statement to make and an arbitrary line to draw.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

You don't need to sell me on the internet, it's not at all the point.  Yes. I can watch any movie I want, anytime, commercial free on via the internet or on TV.    

You're too busy living to watch TV, but you're aren't too busy living to play on the internet???  It's a silly statement to make and an arbitrary line to draw.

LOL... learning for life, bro...  and then living the dream! +)

On 3/26/2017 at 3:41 PM, Bad324 said:

I can't wait to take my girls to Disney when they are old enough. But that's really only because of the food plan they offer at all the delicious resturants 

I wish I could transfer our meals and snacks to someone.  I would give them to you right now.   We have a boatload of them left.  One can only eat so many 3 course meals in a week,  and we have exceeded ours.  I told the wife that I intended to give away the 30+ snacks that we have left remaining.   Strangers will probably wonder what is wrong with us,  but if we paid for it,  someone should enjoy it.  I will probably skip the last day at the park, because it $uck$. I was thinking about renting a Wing and riding to Key West and back tomorrow.  Unfortunately,  I don't think I can ride 800 miles in a day then drive the long ride home in my current condition.  In a few more months, it wouldn't be an issue.   Di$ney $uck$!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

I wish I could transfer our meals and snacks to someone.  I would give them to you right now.   We have a boatload of them left.  One can only eat so many 3 course meals in a week,  and we have exceeded ours.  I told the wife that I intended to give away the 30+ snacks that we have left remaining.   Strangers will probably wonder what is wrong with us,  but if we paid for it,  someone should enjoy it.  I will probably skip the last day at the park, because it $uck$. I was thinking about renting a Wing and riding to Key West and back tomorrow.  Unfortunately,  I don't think I can ride 800 miles in a day then drive the long ride home in my current condition.  In a few more months, it wouldn't be an issue.   Di$ney $uck$!

Sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately, I've heard other people with a similar opinion.

WE did the he same thing giving away all our leftover stuff because it's so much food. If it wasn't for all the walking we did along the eating I probably would have put on 15lbs from the food. But man was it good. We went in the summer which was miserable with the heat and afternoon rains but e had a decent time

12 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

I'm thoroughly hooked on Magma. the latest from Gojira -- they've changed immensely over the years

Haven't listened to them in a while, I'll check it out. Their older stuff is a bit too harsh for me (not a fan of the 5,000 BPM double kick-drum thing modern metal seems to love).

2 hours ago, what said:

Haven't listened to them in a while, I'll check it out. Their older stuff is a bit too harsh for me (not a fan of the 5,000 BPM double kick-drum thing modern metal seems to love).

Drumwork is still fairly technical, but the music overall has better composition.  Vocals aren't the gutteral brute of their old stuff, the guy actually sings some now

On 3/23/2017 at 1:34 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Speaking as someone that's been attached for almost the entirety of his adult life...why are you people so antsy to get married and have a family? The grass is not greener over here....and you have to mow it every fucking week. 

The same yard. Over and over and over and over....

A little late, but:

17626530_1482671791764526_1921263712831831737_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

well i should have been on the road an hour ago to NY to pick up the car but a surprising last minute opportunity to get the dream car opened up and it's 3 hours closer. The only negative it has is a rebuilt title so hoping this dude gets me the VIN asap

On 3/24/2017 at 8:32 AM, Tonik said:

When you first posted you were going up there to get it...on two separate occasions I had typed up a reply that I would bet a hundy you never get it.  But I never hit submit.  I screwed myself out of a hundy. 

On 3/24/2017 at 9:52 AM, Bad324 said:

oh no I've got every single logistic I needed planned out and ready to go. One call to AVIS is all that there is left to do once I'm supposed to hear from him on Tuesday. The only way I don't go and get it is if he screws me over

The deal is too good to pass up even if it's an auto and not an M6. I could easily flip it for an extra $2k to pocket and find an M6 if I can't stand the auto

2 hours ago, Bad324 said:

well i should have been on the road an hour ago to NY to pick up the car but a surprising last minute opportunity to get the dream car opened up and it's 3 hours closer. The only negative it has is a rebuilt title so hoping this dude gets me the VIN asap

I knew it damn it, I so could have won that hundy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Cue Camaro board, "people on craigslist suck, had a excited buyer scheduled to come then canceled last minute" post

Then next week here different ad, I told them I was going to come buy it and he sold it before i got there. :lol:

Maybe we should start a pool. Will @Bad324 get his car first or will @hiro get his new bike first.

• Upvote 1