1. 1. What protective gear do you wear?

• Helmet
    • Gloves
    • Jacket
    • Pants
    • Boots

Bike - all gear

Scooter - sunglasses

Some time this summer there will be a scooter ride to the river. I already have two others interested.

If I don't sell mine I'll join in.

SYM HD200.

Commute - boots, helmet, gloves, jacket, sometimes overpants.

Recreational - boots, helmet, gloves, jacket, reinforced jeans or overpants.

Trip to the store - helmet, gloves, long pants, shoes at minimum.

If I don't sell mine I'll join in.

SYM HD200.

How do you like it? I have heard a lot of good reviews on them. If you are selling this is starting to look like a good year to do it.

I'm getting a Kymco People S 250 in May. 16" wheels and braided brake lines from the factory.

How do you like it? I have heard a lot of good reviews on them. If you are selling this is starting to look like a good year to do it.

I'm getting a Kymco People S 250 in May. 16" wheels and braided brake lines from the factory.

Nice.^ Its really comfy, light and has a nice ride. I'll prolly sell it as it just doesn't get used much. MPG is 50 something. It comes off the line pretty good even with my big ass on it. Overall a solid commuter that is economical to maintain and insure. Max insurance coverage runs about $70 a year.

Always helmet, gloves, jacket, and steel toe work boots, then most of the time I also wear my riding pants. When my commute was under 2 miles, I wouldn't put on the riding pants, but now that it's around 20 miles, I tend to use them a lot more. If I'm just running in to town, I usually leave them home.

The ironic thing is that those short trips where I (and many others) neglect a piece of gear is probably where I will need it! The areas that we feel most comfortable, short trips, etc. are where we're most likely to have an incident, since we travel that area more.

Always helmet, gloves, jacket, and steel toe work boots, then most of the time I also wear my riding pants. When my commute was under 2 miles, I wouldn't put on the riding pants, but now that it's around 20 miles, I tend to use them a lot more. If I'm just running in to town, I usually leave them home.

The ironic thing is that those short trips where I (and many others) neglect a piece of gear is probably where I will need it! The areas that we feel most comfortable, short trips, etc. are where we're most likely to have an incident, since we travel that area more.

It has been said you are most likely to be involved in a crash within three miles of home, I think I'm gonna move.:D ATGATT

What size scooter do you have? I should pick my sexy all black 250 up in May. So far two 250s and a 500. I bet it will be as much fun as riding the bikes. A whole gang of wild hogs on scooters!

...its a yamahahaha vino 125

lololololol

...its a yamahahaha vino 125

lololololol

You can ride in the back because we are really going to be rolling. (Just kidding.) After riding my brothers 150 most of last summer I decided on a 250 plus he is moving to S.C. and taking it so I needed my own. I could only pass the pirates at Deal's Gap going downhill on the 150 the awesome power of the 250 should change that. Looks like a lot more gas stops going to the river because the 150 was out of gas at 90 miles, I like to leave a little more reserve than pushing it close to empty.

Scooters are a blast.

As Mud said ATGATT.

I'm here to testify that it makes a difference. Broken leg and torn ligaments in the ankle but not a scratch on me. I can't imagine how bad I could have been if I had torn up skin up and down my leg while needing a cast.

You can ride in the back because we are really going to be rolling. (Just kidding.) After riding my brothers 150 most of last summer I decided on a 250 plus he is moving to S.C. and taking it so I needed my own. I could only pass the pirates at Deal's Gap going downhill on the 150 the awesome power of the 250 should change that. Looks like a lot more gas stops going to the river because the 150 was out of gas at 90 miles, I like to leave a little more reserve than pushing it close to empty.

Scooters are a blast.

Any underseat storage? Enough to keep a fuel container?

For the record.. my father-in-law donated his Yamaha Riva125 to Lyndse's "OMFG' date=' I need a new amplifier!!11!!" fund. He bought it new. It has a windscreen and a Givi trunk and a box of spare bits. We're entertaining offers...

Also, for the record.. I'd sell my FZ6 before I sold my scooter.[/quote']

Are we going to have a big gang?

Bike or scooter, I bet that really would be a hard choice. What about the folks with a motard?