What i did in guns.

kawi kid

I told Brian I want to get some Airsoft guns to force on force with.

You could pour the shot out of some shot shells and have the badguys shoot those at you. Not very safe but fun if you have strict safety checks.

Brian or I would be to tempted to leave just one in for LOL's

It's scary enough with just the wad being shot at you.

If you leave one loaded your going to have quite a mess to clean up. Whether you hit them or they just shit everywhere.

• Upvote 1

I didn't feel like starting a new thread and since most of the gun guys are in this thread I decided it would fit here.

I know a lot of us carry a gun and some train to use it. But how many carry a medical kit to address being shot? If you are in a gun fight its fairly likely that you may get shot. Do you prepare on that or are you going to rely on someone else to save you? Or do you really believe you quick draw mcgraw skills will ensure you never lose. Just because your hit doesn't mean your out and you can fight through it but how are you going to prevent bleeding out after the threat is gone? Most paramedics will not enter a scene of a shooting unless its been determined safe by law enforcement. Most law enforcement won't enter without back up. It can take a while until you get help.

What do you or would you carry in a med kit? I'm putting one together now and I'm going to put in a turniquet (sp), a compression bandage, gauze, tape and maybe some quick-clot.

Remember 2nd place in a gun fight gets you nothing except a cold stone trophy with your name and two dates on it.

I didn't feel like starting a new thread and since most of the gun guys are in this thread I decided it would fit here.

I know a lot of us carry a gun and some train to use it. But how many carry a medical kit to address being shot? If you are in a gun fight its fairly likely that you may get shot. Do you prepare on that or are you going to rely on someone else to save you? Or do you really believe you quick draw mcgraw skills will ensure you never lose. Just because your hit doesn't mean your out and you can fight through it but how are you going to prevent bleeding out after the threat is gone? Most paramedics will not enter a scene of a shooting unless its been determined safe by law enforcement. Most law enforcement won't enter without back up. It can take a while until you get help.

What do you or would you carry in a med kit? I'm putting one together now and I'm going to put in a turniquet (sp), a compression bandage, gauze, tape and maybe some quick-clot.

Remember 2nd place in a gun fight gets you nothing except a cold stone trophy with your name and two dates on it.

For bullet wounds? Unscented Tampons are your best friend.. No im not kidding.

FYI, Carrying a general med kit for situations is a good idea. Designing one specifically around the idea of being shot.. Well, that sounds like paranoia and pretty stupid but hey, thats just me.

For bullet wounds? Unscented Tampons are your best friend.. No im not kidding.

FYI, Carrying a general med kit for situations is a good idea. Designing one specifically around the idea of being shot.. Well, that sounds like paranoia and pretty stupid but hey, thats just me.

Tampons are great for nose bleeds maybe a hit to a meaty area. I did use a maxipad and duct tape to patch a hole I put in my forearm with a broad head. It held up pretty good. But a worst case scenario wound may require more.

I think a quick and small kit that you can carry on you while carrying a gun is just being prepared. It just seems crazy because people don't want to think about the possibility of being shot. Why prepare to engage a threat if your not going to prepare for the threat hitting you or another person? A standard kit is just to large to carry a lot and often doesn't have the supplies to deal with major trauma.

These guys and many others sell these types of kits.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/category/k-tactical

I did something extremely stupid early this morning but for the safety awareness of others I'll share.

I normally never have loaded guns in the house. Even in the safe. I did have one loaded sitting in the living room a few days a month ago waiting on a damn red squirrel I think was getting in the house. I was in a hurry when I put it away before leaving for a day or two and didn't unload it. I had to unload my gun safe last night to relocate it early this morning before work. This morning, in a hurry, before putting the guns away I was wiping them down. One swipe with a rag forward, safety off, swiped backwards and bam. The bullet, 22LR HP,went about a foot, hit the heavy gauge wire clamp on the side of the furnace and a piece of bullet bounced back and hit me in the side of the neck. Hurt like hell but Luckily, just a red dime sized welt. Fracking stupid. Won't ever happen again. I was under my pretense that it was unloaded because I never put them away without unloading. Normally before and after "using" I safety check. Fracking stupid.

Edited by Gump

These guys and many others sell these types of kits.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/category/k-tactical

I was looking at getting a job with them if I got laid off from the S.O. My ass was gone to Colorado.

I did something extremely stupid early this morning but for the safety awareness of others I'll share.

I normally never have loaded guns in the house. Even in the safe. I did have one loaded sitting in the living room a few days a month ago waiting on a damn red squirrel I think was getting in the house. I was in a hurry when I put it away before leaving for a day or two and didn't unload it. I had to unload my gun safe last night to relocate it early this morning before work. This morning, in a hurry, before putting the guns away I was wiping them down. One swipe with a rag forward, safety off, swiped backwards and bam. The bullet, 22LR HP,went about a foot, hit the heavy gauge wire clamp on the side of the furnace and a piece of bullet bounced back and hit me in the side of the neck. Hurt like hell but Luckily, just a red dime sized welt. Fracking stupid. Won't ever happen again. I was under my pretense that it was unloaded because I never put them away without unloading. Normally before and after "using" I safety check. Fracking stupid.

I bet you wont do that again ever. Glad you weren't hurt.

I keep a couple packages of Quick clot in the first aid kits. Tampons are great to keep around too.

I had a Sheriff once tell me there's a stat out there, that there is and accidental discharge from a fire arm every 35 seconds. True or not, I'm aware a 3 by experienced weapons handlers. No one was ever hurt. You can't stress safe handling enough.

Rule # 1. Treat all firearms as loaded!!!

Not to be a dick but what you did was a prime example of people not paying attention to Rule 1. Your fault completely but thankfully no one got hurt and I doubt you will make the same mistake again..

• Casper unpinned this topic