What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Double cover your ears, plugs and muffs. Dry shoot at home, a lot. Shoot a smaller number of rounds on your range trips. Have someone randomly load snap caps in your gun.

Rent a 22 at the range.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have all that. trouble is I learned on the snappy .40 cal. Now I'm working on getting over the bad habits it done to me.

This was one handed shooting, both weak and strong sides. Standing and moving.This is at 21 feet, I would guess its about a 4x5 square or so. Dont mind the .22 holes, my .22 ar needs sighted in again.

IMG_20121120_192201.jpg

I have all that. trouble is I learned on the snappy .40 cal. Now I'm working on getting over the bad habits it done to me.

This was one handed shooting, both weak and strong sides. Standing and moving.This is at 21 feet, I would guess its about a 4x5 square or so. Dont mind the .22 holes, my .22 ar needs sighted in again.

IMG_20121120_192201.jpg

Try shooting at postage stamps from about 5 yards.

Indoor range. With the way it is set up the closest we can get is 7 yards.

I'll try it tho.

Aim small, miss small.

Or use pieces of tape. But the better you get keep moving back or the targets out.

Also get ahold of some "snap caps" and throw them randomly in your magazines. You'll notice when your anticipating shots big time when it doesn't go bang. It also helps build muscle memory for clearing malfunctions.

Edited by cOoTeR

Picked up a Nagant revolver at Gander Mtn this morning. Stamped 1936. Kinda of a cluster at the store, servers went down right at 9:10. They had this plan to process the forms at the archery counter. So, the girls behind the counter there were having issues locating rebate forms, printer out of ink, and call in the back ground checks. As a result took 2 hours to make my purchase and get out of the store. I will clean up the revolver Friday and maybe get it out to the range.

Or use pieces of tape. But the better you get keep moving back or the targets out.

Also get ahold of some "snap caps" and throw them randomly in your magazines. You'll notice when your anticipating shots big time when it doesn't go bang. It also helps build muscle memory for clearing malfunctions.

Kawi is going to make me some. I still need to make him a couple kydex inserts to I think he is holding out on me. :eek:

Ok, so I cleaned the Nagant revolver I bought. At the store, this thing was caked in cosmoline and I could not really see any of the markings, other then date stamp, 1938. Well after cleaning, the serial number turns out to be 666.

nagant%2520revolver%2520001.jpg

nagant%2520revolver%2520002.jpg

nagant%2520revolver%2520003.jpg

nagant%2520revolver%2520004.jpg

Mark of the devil. You're screwed.

Double cover your ears, plugs and muffs. Dry shoot at home, a lot. Shoot a smaller number of rounds on your range trips. Have someone randomly load snap caps in your gun.

Rent a 22 at the range.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All stuff we already do.

Kawi is going to make me some. I still need to make him a couple kydex inserts to I think he is holding out on me. :eek:

Not holding out. I just don't have any 9mm projectiles to load into them.

Yesterday I qualified with a UMP .40. That was fun for shooting an oversized pistol. The rate of fire on it is crazy fast and its super easy to control.

The trigger on the .45 is gross. How is it on the .40? Thought I broke the damn thing the first time I pulled the trigger then I realized was so crappy that I had to pull it harder an further. No joke it's that bad. Hot damn it nice to send the tax payer ammo down range at full auto... :D

The trigger on the .45 is gross. How is it on the .40? Thought I broke the damn thing the first time I pulled the trigger then I realized was so crappy that I had to pull it harder an further. No joke it's that bad. Hot damn it nice to send the tax payer ammo down range at full auto... :D

I liked the trigger on the two we used. We had just qualed with the our M4's, our HK P2000 .40, and the 870. Compared to those guns the trigger was smooth short and light as long as you only let the trigger go back to the reset instead of all the way out. The only full auto we did was from the 15 yard line and we were told to do it in burst. Full auto is fun but wasteful unless you've been trained in how to use it for cover while moving.

It was a pretty good training day they rotated the instructors so a more junior one was there. His philosophy is that quals are not training its just administrative BS. So we hurried through the quals and then did malfunction/clearing drills then shot a steel knock down target course with the 870.

Dropped my M&P off with Grant at G&R tactical. He is putting a pro glo front sight post on it, a new sear housing, APEX DCAEK kit, and RAM. He is going to stone and polish the internals also.

BTW Ross he was impressed with the stipple job.

You'll be way happier with the trigger. Apex now has a replacement "duty" trigger that I'm putting into my mp9 soon (already have the dcaek kit/ram), you may want to consider that while he has it apart.

Edited by walther_gsp

You'll be way happier with the trigger. Apex now has a replacement "duty" trigger that I'm putting into my mp9 soon (already have the dcaek kit/ram), you may want to consider that while he has it apart.

Are you talking about their metal trigger that looks like a glock trigger?

• Casper unpinned this topic