What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Got the press running and knocked out 800 rounds of 45 this afternoon. That box of bullets I just picked up isn't gonna last long at this rate. :D I ran out of clean brass and boxes to put them in so I had to stop. Bummer:rolleyes:

What press do you use, if you don't mind my asking?

I have a Lee Loadmaster progressive I use for the pistol ammo. The old RCBS is only used for rifle stuff.

The Lee press seems to take a little more time in adjusting and you need to watch it that it doesn't change settings. For the price though compared to any of the other progressives it can't be beat.

IMG_5243.jpg

If you find it forward it into me. I was thinking of going straight to Dillon ans they are wanting like 438 for it.

I'll text my friend in the AM. I could swear it was like $360. As a reloading beginner, I like the Brian Enos packages... at least as a guideline. You've been at this a bit, so you won't need scales, tumblers, etc...

Picked up a Russian Makarov made by Baikal and 1000 rounds on Monday. Shooting it tomorrow.

Thanks, I have an older LEE 3 hole turret and a RCBS RS3 on the bench now and have been kicking around going to a Classic Turret or a Load Master.

Leaning towards a Classic Turret for the ease of caliber changes.

I can do a caliber change on the loadmaster and be making ammo in under 10 minutes and that's taking my time. I have a separate tool head for each one. Just change the head, swap the shell holder and move the powder measure over. I have the micrometer adjustable powder charge bar so all you do is dial in the grains you want and check the first couple throws on the scale. It's actually really easy.

Got my M&P back from Grant at G&R Tactical. Had him put the APEX DCAEK, and Ram in. He also put in a new housing block and striker as its a early Gen. He polished it all up while he was in there. He also put in a Ameriglo front sight to replace the 10-8 sight I had put in there and didn't like to much. I also stippled a couple more mags.

_MG_3254.jpg

_MG_32631.jpg

_MG_32661.jpg

_MG_32741.jpg

I can do a caliber change on the loadmaster and be making ammo in under 10 minutes and that's taking my time. I have a separate tool head for each one. Just change the head, swap the shell holder and move the powder measure over. I have the micrometer adjustable powder charge bar so all you do is dial in the grains you want and check the first couple throws on the scale. It's actually really easy.

I knew the tool head was just a pin and pull but I thought the shell plate would be a nightmare. I just checked youtube on what you said and it does look pretty simple.

Also checked out a Dillon RL550 today but all my RCBS, LEE and Lyman stuff are interchangable, not so with the Dillon. That I know of anyway.

• Casper unpinned this topic