What i did in guns.

kawi kid

I've got about 25-30lbs of mixed brass in .40, .45, and 5.56 sitting at home in a box. Might be a few 9mm, 7.62x39, and some other calibers in there too. How much do you think it would be worth?

I'll take the .45 and 5.56 if c-bus doesn't want it.

So to correct my screw up on the AR-10 i picked up and bought polymer sights for that could melt and don't line up due to low gas block height, I order this today. Man my wife is getting pissed at me...

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=430

Finished throwing stuff on the boys present. Now I have to figure out how to wrap it.:confused:

i-fRN32HN-X2.jpg

Dont wrap it. Just take them out and have it sitting on the back deck or in the back yard with a taget setup. :) then watch the smiles as they get to shoot it wright away.

Please make sure to enforce proper fundamentals and safety. Sitting there and squeezing off rounds may be fun but if they are not hitting the target, its a poor reflection on our ability to be safe and responsible. IMO.. My personal opinion is that a safe, responsible gun owner not only treats them with respect but makes sure that their rounds go where intended.

Have fun. looks like a great setup!

Dont wrap it. Just take them out and have it sitting on the back deck or in the back yard with a taget setup. :) then watch the smiles as they get to shoot it wright away.

Please make sure to enforce proper fundamentals and safety. Sitting there and squeezing off rounds may be fun but if they are not hitting the target, its a poor reflection on our ability to be safe and responsible. IMO.. My personal opinion is that a safe, responsible gun owner not only treats them with respect but makes sure that their rounds go where intended.

Have fun. looks like a great setup!

This is over my limit for what we can shoot in the back yard. We'll have to go the the inlaws and get it properly sighted in. Even though he's only 11, he's been shooting for years at this point, and this will make his sixth gun. He just recently moved up from .22s, and as I expected, he's a darn good shot. Here's his first experience with the 5.56. 50 yards, iron sights.

i-q9smnC5-L.jpg

Your welcome for the link LOL! man they sold out fast after the weekend. hey your sitting on gold with those pmags thats at least $500 worth of mags at the going price BWAHAHAHA. Looked for a xdm in 9mm nothing left besides the 3.8 was looking for the full size one.
Oh and sprint I got mine also.

picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=16877

Nice. The XD is the 3.8". I like it. I picked it up at Sportsman's Den. I ran up there to see if they might have an AR. The Sale guy i was working with said they sold 450 AR's in 5 days.

I wish i wish i would have doubled my PMag order. It could have funded the XD. :)

Nice scruit, or you could change out the stock to something with a bit more girth to counter the weight you added to the front? Did you change out the hand guard or just add a 1913 rail to the bottom to attach the grip and light?

Swapped the handguard for a picatinny quadrail. :cool:

Would love to justify a slamfire stock. :bow:

Some Tacticool fun...

Before:

before_ok.jpg

After:

after_ok.jpg

Although TBH the mag holders make the gun VERY nose-heavy so I may remove them.

Couple suggestions.

If you flip your sight and BUPS. When using your BUPS you will have greater accuracy from a longer sight radius.

By putting the sight on a riser, you will have better cheek weld and will be able to have a co-witness (with absolute or 1/3) with your fight sight, instead of the dot being blocked by the FSP.

Remove the mag holder thingy. If you want a spare mag, put one on your belt or get a Readi-mag.

• Upvote 1

Couple suggestions.

If you flip your sight and BUPS. When using your BUPS you will have greater accuracy from a longer sight radius.

By putting the sight on a riser, you will have better cheek weld and will be able to have a co-witness (with absolute or 1/3) with your fight sight, instead of the dot being blocked by the FSP.

Remove the mag holder thingy. If you want a spare mag, put one on your belt or get a Readi-mag.

All good advice, thanks!

Scruit.... I'm new to assault weapons. Has yours ever attempted mass murder? I've heard that they're very dangerous if you get one with a dark side... Prone to evil.

I lock it in a safe, as is a reasonable and commonsense precaution. Otherwise it will float up the stairs on its own and out into public and wreak untold havoc.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 1

I lock it in a safe, as is a reasonable and commonsense precaution. Otherwise it will float up the stairs on it's own and out into public and wreak untold havoc.

Your guns need exorcised at the range to remove the evil spirits. They may still retain some attitude but will then be safe in the hands of a well trained owner for home defense and target practice. :D

• Upvote 1

I picked up this bag from Bass Pro Shops. This will be my new range bag. Anything sold as a range bag seems to be pricey. This is actually a fishing tackle box organizer. I figure if it fits the 6 plastic tackle box storage dividers, it will fit a pistol or two. Also picked up a 14 round mag for a Browning hi-Power and a 30 rounder for a Rem 597.

http://www.basspro.com/Browning-360-or-370-Satchel-Bags-or-Systems/product/10221622/

1740878_10221622?$Prod_Thumbnail$

1740884_detail-10221622?req=tmb&wid=67&hei=67

I have thought about doing this to see how it might look for a while. After exchanging thoughts on this and seeing 4Daivi Pai2k5 wrap his set up, I decided to do it. I had some spare parts and some adhesive patches, so I thought I would see how it looked. This can all be swapped back in 5 minutes. I think if I had it outside, I might like it a lot. Inside, it's ok and looks neat I think.

First; I have these pics rotated, cropped and saved for a better view in photobucket and saved. However, when they are linked, they are all back to the original pic.

Before:IMG_1831_zpsb0552f91.jpg

After:

IMG_1832_zps3353df11.jpg

With M9 and Pmag:

IMG_1834_zps2dedd146.jpg

• Casper unpinned this topic