Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

For the new-ish folks...the NEO guys and gals on the west side tend to meet in Grafton on the corner of 83 and 82. We normally take 83S until we hit some other road worth our rubber. We run through Lodi and that's where 71 crosses 83 so anyone who is closer to 71 can slab it to Lodi and meet the group en route. Once we get out of Lodi, 83 starts to get fun.

If this is gonna be on a Saturday, I predict an increase in traffic on the roads. I like riding on Saturday because I can have Sunday to recoup, but I prefer Sunday morning and afternoon traffic. The biggest difference seems to be in the ride back home.

I think I only have one good ride left on the front, so I'll be saving her for this.

updated first post with meet up location and loop,

The meet up spot i in person have not seen it, but hutch suggested and it must be good for us. As per him holds about 50+ bikes easy, empty lot and gas station close by. On google maps doesnt look much scenic place for the OR group pic but, the people and bikes thats all that matters :D

The loop is a short 100 mile loop, but we certainly will keep riding, if people are interested can carry on and those who wanna leave early can break up after the main loop/ or in between the loop .

i will be wearing leather since its gonna be bit cold :) hope the weather holds good. last year we rode to first part of november.

Fo shizzle...

hope you show up mike, expecting few cruisers to be there to form their own sub group and riding style.

Shirtless and a Speedo for me, probably be a thong by the end of the day... try to get rid of that image...:eek:
Yeah not gonna e able to get rid of tht image.. Thanks :mad:

:lol: too much imagination is a curse at times

I showed up at one of these type rides wearing Kevlar reinforced jeans & mesh jacket one time. I was definitely feeling underdressed once the pace picked up. Better to overdress I say now.

Yea that's all I have. I'm working on getting a pair of decent boots but 1. I haven't found a decent deal, 2. I'm not buying some $300+ boot without trying it on or a forum member testimonial saying it will fit (size 9). Why doesn't Iron Pony have a location up here??? :headbang: I'll be riding in the slow group regardless. If anyone has some old/new boots they want to let go of I'm right here!! I know if I show up in jeans, jacket, gloves, shoes, and helmet I'll give the impression that I'm just a young dumb kid. Haha

Sent from my iPhone

Yea that's all I have. I'm working on getting a pair of decent boots but 1. I haven't found a decent deal, 2. I'm not buying some $300+ boot without trying it on or a forum member testimonial saying it will fit (size 9). Why doesn't Iron Pony have a location up here??? :headbang: I'll be riding in the slow group regardless. If anyone has some old/new boots they want to let go of I'm right here!! I know if I show up in jeans, jacket, gloves, shoes, and helmet I'll give the impression that I'm just a young dumb kid. Haha

Check out Icon Field Armor boots. They aren't really "track" style but they are heavy duty and well built imo. I have a few thousand miles ridden in mine and they dont cut circulation or feel uncomfortable at all. Got 'em for $130 shipped but Nathan at RidersDiscount could probably beat that easy.

Check out Icon Field Armor boots. They aren't really "track" style but they are heavy duty and well built imo. I have a few thousand miles ridden in mine and they dont cut circulation or feel uncomfortable at all. Got 'em for $130 shipped but Nathan at RidersDiscount could probably beat that easy.

To they fit true to size? From my experience A* stuff runs a tad bit snug.

Sent from my iPhone

To they fit true to size? From my experience A* stuff runs a tad bit snug.

Sent from my iPhone

Yup, actually just a little roomy which is good for colder days and thermal socks. I wear a 12 shoe and ordered the same size boot. Of course they'll be stiff in the beginning, but just keep wearing them in and they only got better for me. Really cant complain about them at all, even the price was fair for a new pair of protective boots. Zip up the side, or you can lace them up the front, decent shin guards, and they have 3 buckled straps to tighten them up too.

I might like to make this ride....pof course everytime I say this the weather takes a dump on the day's plans...., but I don't think there will be a group I can hang with....me too slow

I don't plan on riding that fast :wheelchair: ... I'm not big on riding outside of my limits..... Probably why I was able to start on a 1000rr and live to tell the tale...

I might like to make this ride....pof course everytime I say this the weather takes a dump on the day's plans...., but I don't think there will be a group I can hang with....me too slow

Unless you ride 10-15mph under the speed limit you will be fine. I dunno why people all think this

I don't plan on riding that fast :wheelchair: ... I'm not big on riding outside of my limits..... Probably why I was able to start on a 1000rr and live to tell the tale...

This. lol im not a fast rider and I dont plan on riding outside of my limits. We should start a slow riders dream ride thread :lol:

Unless you ride 10-15mph under the speed limit you will be fine. I dunno why people all think this

this x 1000

last time every one just rode under their limits, fast guys went ahead and us slow guys took it very easy and slow.

100% gurantee there will be a group which fits your style, and infact i am guessing we might even be able to have a cruiser only group this time, i know two from here even tho there are only few, ohio mike and conne ninja and i am hoping few more might show up.

there are no worries about pace, just count up the number of people concerned about pace in this thread. That is a group ride in and of itself.

I dont have a problem riding sweeper for a slower pace group, as long as the last person knows I will disappear for 5 minutes and eventually come flying up behind them, stop and do it all over again.:D

also, I have to poke fun at Nivin.....its a requirement after being on so many rides with him.