What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,  The V-Strom required a rear tire change to a harder compound Mitas E-09 Darkar Knob!  from the E-10 Dakar.

The Z1K required a harder Pirelli Angel GT to match front.

JIM, Thank you for the OR stickers for both bikes. Will were them with pride and defiance.

.Tire%20ball..jpg

Breakinf%20beads.jpg

2017%20Junk-00-03-55-481.jpg

Mitas%20E09%20on%202.jpg

Mitas%20E09%20on%201.jpg

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 2

Building -an hoses for my new oil cooler. I will never do this again. Biggest fucking pain in the dick ever. Anyone have tips for getting the hose into the collar other than screaming profanity at it? Shits gonna look dope when it's done, but man this shit sucks to do.

2 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Building -an hoses for my new oil cooler. I will never do this again. Biggest fucking pain in the dick ever. Anyone have tips for getting the hose into the collar other than screaming profanity at it? Shits gonna look dope when it's done, but man this shit sucks to do.

You Tube it. I have put miles of this together. Proper tools are a plus as in the cutter. After you get the first fitting installed(generally left hand threads) put a drop of oil on the end of the other piece before you screw it in. After you have it assembled blow thru it to make sure it went together correctly. The stainless covering makes it more of a hassle but it is doable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

You Tube it. I have put miles of this together. Proper tools are a plus as in the cutter. After you get the first fitting installed(generally left hand threads) put a drop of oil on the end of the other piece before you screw it in. After you have it assembled blow thru it to make sure it went together correctly. The stainless covering makes it more of a hassle but it is doable.

+1 and the vise jaw inserts help a ton.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Been using an abrasive cutoff disc to cut it. What should I be using? The videos I watched used a cutoff disc and aviation snips to trim the stainless.

11 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Been using an abrasive cutoff disc to cut it. What should I be using? The videos I watched used a cutoff disc and aviation snips to trim the stainless.

You taping the area where you're cutting?  A couple of layers of masking tape will help hold down the slivers that stick out.  Duct tape may work better but the adhesive can be a bitch to clean off.

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Maybe if I were gonna make more than 2 hoses. Can't justify the price of the tool for what I'm doing. 

Find some shop that has the tools, pay them 20 bucks to finish the job.

9 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Been a busy night.

20170312_221836.thumb.jpg.a02e3c5616e1d5a1c7f0093caeec4fca.jpg

20170312_223722.thumb.jpg.0c2edc9baa036fc723175c63d326a777.jpg

This post reminds me of some advice I got from another forum. If you have to change those stem bearings pick up a craftsman 8" locking flex head pry bar. Hands down best tool I've used to knock out those blind lower races. Two cracks with a hammer and out they come. New tools are always a good thing. 

yeah, i'm taping it. using electrical tape and wrapping it as tight as i can. still bells out a bit after the cut. 

im gonna finish the job on my own al, it's a pain in the ass but it's my pain in the ass. with the exception of machining the cylinders and heads, i'm the only one to work on this bike in the 12 or so years i've had it.. aim to keep it that way.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Perception said:

did I see @DerekClouser with the ThrottleLockTV feature on the MaxWrist live stream this morning?

Yes, you did.  He's a supporter of the community.  This is the second time he's featured me on his channel.  

2 hours ago, what said:

dude sounds exactly how I thought he would. dudebrofratbro 

Eh, it's the internet.  He has a different style of editing.  He embraces his own style of riding (as crazy as it is) and takes his editing to another level - which I appreciate.  He's also a supporter of those who support him (hence my 2 features) .  

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

Eh, it's the internet.  He has a different style of editing.  He embraces his own style of riding (as crazy as it is) and takes his editing to another level - which I appreciate.  He's also a supporter of those who support him (hence my 2 features) .  

If you go back and read @what 's post he might have been talking about you, he didn't specify which dude. :lol:

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1