What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sick and tired of broken turn signals (horrible design, Triumph), so today I installed an integrated taillight and undertail. Later tonight I'll be installing the flushmount front turn signals. Also threw on the Ram mount while I was out there. If the USB socket shows up today I'll be throwing that on as well. Ready for the next trip. Where are we heading @cmh_sprint? ?

Installed fuzeblock with new wiring to Garmin Zumo and heated gear port. Took off my bags and put on my lowered seat.

I am planning on taking it for a test ride.  This will be the first time that I have ridden it since ACL surgery 2 months ago.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

Installed fuzeblock with new wiring to Garmin Zumo and heated gear port. Took off my bags and put on my lowered seat.

I am planning on taking it for a test ride.  This will be the first time that I have ridden it since ACL surgery 2 months ago.

Ride up and watch me wrench on mine...lol...getting her ready for the gap trip next weekend.

Road to work on a beautiful 36 degree morning. Need to find some cool weather gear. Now sitting at work debating on which fender eliminator I want to put on this winter. Thinking about the new rage one but not sure how I feel about taking the rear fender off completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Xsr900Rider said:

Road to work on a beautiful 36 degree morning. Need to find some cool weather gear. Now sitting at work debating on which fender eliminator I want to put on this winter. Thinking about the new rage one but not sure how I feel about taking the rear fender off completely.

The Graves fender eliminator doesn't look bad IMO.

The Graves fender eliminator doesn't look bad IMO.

Yeah I was looking at that one too. Then just need to get some better looking turn signals for the front and back. I don't mind the taillight as much as some people do.

17 minutes ago, Xsr900Rider said:

Yeah I was looking at that one too. Then just need to get some better looking turn signals for the front and back. I don't mind the taillight as much as some people do.

Quality led marker and signal easy install. Nice and bright just tuck under or over bottom clamp on forks. 

https://www.customdynamics.com/truflex_truwraps.htm

Edited by Killer_kaw

Quality led marker and signal easy install. Nice and bright just tuck under or over bottom clamp on forks. 

https://www.customdynamics.com/truflex_truwraps.htm

Cool, I'll check them out. I saw your post on 83. I grew up in Cambridge my whole life until joining the service. I miss the roads down there. Roads up here are so different, straight and flat.

• 2 weeks later...

Put on a new chain and sprockets. First time I did a rivet style master link. Went pretty well. I flared it to DID specs so I'm hoping I have no issues. I also flushed the front brake fluid. They felt spongey. I hope the flush cures it. Hopefully I can at least get out for a short ride tomorrow to test everything out. 

Front and rear brake pads, and new Dunlop RoadSmarts on the '02. Checked and topped off fluids, etc. Rode it 950 miles to Florida. That's its new home. New Michelin Pilot Road 4 on the '07, and riding it down this week.

• Upvote 2

Cleaned the bike up a bit this morning,checked fluids and pressure. After just shy of 300miles of twisty asphalt today to be sure the tire pressure was to my liking I then needed to cinch up my chain. Running hard and especially engine brake really seem to stretch that joker. 

Put lower side case supports on the FJ09 so I can use the FJR side cases on it.Also installed mirror extensions...big improvement!Changed oil and filter,lubed the chain and removed a sticker from the gas tank,then went for a 50 mile ride up 666,208 and 93.

• Upvote 1