What i did in guns.

kawi kid

I got a SR22 a couple months ago. Great shooter, feeds anything.

I saw a stainless 22/45 in a shop yesterday for a good price.

i hope the place i ordered mine from comes through (they said it was in stock, and reserved for me once they get around to shipping).

if anyone sees a ruger 22/45 lite in black anodize, or otherwise, for me to buy i would be eternally grateful.

I was at Fin feather fur in Middleburg, they had a pallet of 380 blazer in brass and alumium. But ZERO 22 LR. They also have factory mags for Walther P22 and Walther PK380 for around $30 each. The pistol display case was mostly empty for semi auto pistols but had plenty of revolvers.

Did a search on the youtube for reviews of various personal "gun vaults" for either car or nightstand storage. Found a 45 minute video of gun vaults faults in design where they can be easily opened. Very eye opening on how easy some models can bypass the key, electronic keypad or finger print reader.

Did a search on the youtube for reviews of various personal "gun vaults" for either car or nightstand storage. Found a 45 minute video of gun vaults faults in design where they can be easily opened. Very eye opening on how easy some models can bypass the key, electronic keypad or finger print reader.

Link? I'd like to see that too.

I know if a bad guy really wants something, there is away to get it. I was just looking for something to keep a pistol out of sight and somewhat secure. As for keeping a pistol in the car in the event a place is posted no guns, I was looking for something that would be better then locking a pistol in the glove box or center console.

I know if a bad guy really wants something, there is away to get it. I was just looking for something to keep a pistol out of sight and somewhat secure. As for keeping a pistol in the car in the event a place is posted no guns, I was looking for something that would be better then locking a pistol in the glove box or center console.

You could keep it on your hip.

Depending on what you're driving, best thing I could think of is to position the safe so that you have to pull the back seats down in your car to get into it.

Look for an older combination safe at a flea market or something like that as well. You can find nice small safes for an inexpensive price if you look.

I was looking at something like the Bulldog personal vault. It is metal case, about the size of a notebook, 10 x 8 and maybe 2 inches deep, with a keylock and thin metal cable. Possibly to keep under the seat and secure it to the seat frame. It is sold at Fin Feather and fur. My car does have fold down rear seats, but the seat fold down levers are located in the trunk. So I would have to open the trunk, pull the lever and the seat would fold down. Then I would have to access the folded down area from the back seat of the car.

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=276

BD1120SM_Closed.jpg

BD1120SM.jpg

Edited by scottb

Today was gun art day. :)

Williams double barrel "wall hanger" due to demascus barrels. Too old and pitted to ever be used again but cleaned up it will make for a great show piece in the man cave.;)

Williamsart2_zpsca3730c8.jpg

Williamsart5_zps13b84118.jpg

I was looking at something like the Bulldog personal vault.

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=276

BD1120SM_Closed.jpg

BD1120SM.jpg

I have one similar to this. It works out really well when dealing with air travel also. It doesn't get used in the car often, but when the times arise that the gun must stay in the truck, it gives me a little piece of mind over leaving it in the glovebox/console.

My newer G19 was consistently shooting left regardless of finger position (not my first glock rodeo), so I bought a glock sight pusher. Sighted it in today and is perfect now. There's something to be said about finding that sweet spot when sighting in a weapon.

• Casper unpinned this topic