What i did in guns.

kawi kid

worked on my skillz at the range today mostly with a glock 19. I was shooting alright before, mostly on target. I went with howie this last week and realized my trigger pull was a little messy. That in combination with him constantly telling me to have a better grip (which I think I'm doin pretty good now) put me in much closer to my target. Today i had joe's (awesome!!) assistance helping me with my stance as well as some other general issues and then ran through some drills. Joe did an awesome job of picking out the little things that i was messing up that was keeping my grouping a little bit larger and brought it in pretty close and also gave me some great tips and practice on everything leading up to the shot too - which before this, i believe i was neglecting. Also tried out Todd's keltec (THANKS TODD!!!!!). Didn't hate the trigger pull like i did the lc9, but i think i'm still on a search for a single stack 9mm. :)

Last week, howard and i were discussing drawing if you are being attacked, which led to me having an air pellet 1911 in a holster and him 'coming at me' like an attacker from across the kitchen. I was surprised to find out that out of his 4 'attacks' my thumb hit the mag release 3 times when he tried to take the gun off me as part of his attack, leaving me defenseless. It's good to figure these things out ahead of time!

Sent another 100 rounds of homemade down range today. Tweaked the rounds a little.... Increased powder volume, decreased the crimp, and really improved the accuracy. Now I have to get some 9mm components. I'll pay $4.00/100 brass 9mm cases if anyone wants to start picking up there brass.

Made my first 50 rounds of handloads. 124gr JHP, 9mm Luger, 8.4 gr AA7 powder. Should be good for about 1117 fps at the muzzle. This was the NRA "Metallic Reloading" course at centralohioccw.com

Now your hooked, just don't let yourself get distracted. Reloading is something that I enjoy doing, it can get expensive but you shoot a lot more for the money.

Made my first 50 rounds of handloads. 124gr JHP, 9mm Luger, 8.4 gr AA7 powder. Should be good for about 1117 fps at the muzzle. This was the NRA "Metallic Reloading" course at centralohioccw.com

Nice work! I kind of enjoy Reloading as much as shooting lately.

Bought some C-Products 30rd 5.56 mags today from Aim Surplus...$9.95

Like that they do not jack their prices because everyone else does.

Just randomly checked and they were in stock. Out of stock by the time I got the confirmation e-mail. Gone so fast I never got the in-stock alert.

Just a AR Stag 2t. Have bayonet lug mounted bipod but its sloppy.

Have you ever looked into the GG&G bipod? It's a bad mamma jamma. Not nealy the badassness of an Atlas, but also cheaper than the Atlas and also isn't 1940's design like the Harris.

Have you ever looked into the GG&G bipod? It's a bad mamma jamma. Not nealy the badassness of an Atlas, but also cheaper than the Atlas and also isn't 1940's design like the Harris.

Nope, don't know much about them but since Larue has the Harris on BO for 3 weeks, Ill check it out and possibly change my mind if they let me. Which one do you recommend, there are bunches of them and what style of mount?

Edited by Gump

Nope, don't know much about them but since Larue has the Harris on BO for 3 weeks, Ill check it out and possibly change my mind if they let me. Which one do you recommend, there are bunches of them and what style of mount?

I have the standard XDS

http://www.gggaz.com/standard-xds-swivel-bipod.html

The heavy duty line of bipods is made to stand up to larger calibers but wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and get the heavy duty for use later down the road on another project.

The XDS-2 has swivel and cant movements whereas the XDS only allows for side to side cant. The XDS-2 also allows the legs to lock at 45* and 90* as opposed to only 90* on the XDS.

Check ebay for them. I snagged my xds standard for $160 shipped brand new.

Went to the range with a bunch of guys today. All kinds of lucky and missed the rain. Got to chronograph the Luger so now I can start pumping out the 9mm reloads and know what speeds I am at. My Automag II that I picked up last week is working very nicely also. :D

736518_10151343716334362_734096116_o.jpg

Then some fun down at the rifle range. The Mosin makes such nice fireballs on a cloudy day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtdwT4xetQ

Thanks. Not sure i can cancel.

Shot another 40rnds of 223 and 40rnds of 22mag. The 22WMR drops around 16" at 200 yards when zeroed at 100. Friggin windy and the shots were not very tight.

Thanks. Not sure i can cancel.

Shot another 40rnds of 223 and 40rnds of 22mag. The 22WMR drops around 16" at 200 yards when zeroed at 100. Friggin windy and the shots were not very tight.

What 22 mag are you shooting? I've had mine zeroed in at 100 yards but haven't gotten the chance to gauge it any further.

• Casper unpinned this topic