What's your commuting distance?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What's your commuting distance?

• 1-5 miles
    • 6-15 miles
    • 16-25 miles
    • 26-35 miles
    • 36 miles +
    • hookers and blow (I'm unemployed and mooching off the rest of you)

one way or roundtrip?

47 miles one way or 94 round trip

Good catch, intended 1 way, although like you figured out, you were in the same bucket :D

I currently commute 25 miles one way, but a company I'm interviewing with is 39 miles away....

the big caveat though, I work 3 days from home now, so I'm a bit jaded.

I could walk to work if I HAD to. Not only does living so close save on gas, but I get to spend more time doing what I want in the evenings (working out, or eating food, or quality time with the g/f) + I can wake up at 7:45 and still be into work by 8AM

It's going to suck if I ever have to live more than 10mins away. I'm spoiled.

I used to have 150 miles round trip a day and that sucked. A bare minimum of 3hrs a day commute time if not longer. It took 2 1/2hrs to get to work one morning in the snow. I only did that for six months and wouldn't want to do it again... unless I was getting paid for the commute. I do have about 120 miles one way commute some days when I have to travel to our other plant north of Detroit but I get paid time to drive there plus 50 cents a mile.

25 miles one way. 25 mins if I cage it on the freeway outside of rush hour, or 40 mins during rush hour.

Whenever I can, I bike it. Going country roads instead the distance is the same, speeds are lower and I get there in 40 mins. But I actually look forward to the commute...

Good catch, intended 1 way, although like you figured out, you were in the same bucket :D

I currently commute 25 miles one way, but a company I'm interviewing with is 39 miles away....

the big caveat though, I work 3 days from home now, so I'm a bit jaded.

i love music and i hate traffic. That said its 45 min drive with zero traffic so I'm pretty used to it. Beats our old office which was 57 miles one way

There's only so many top companies in Ohio... and I can't exactly sell my house to reduce my commute. My wife works in Montrose so we bought a house in between Cle and Akr.

Goodyear, First Energy, American Greetings, BoA, Progressive.... that's about it for NEO

There's only so many top companies in Ohio... and I can't exactly sell my house to reduce my commute. My wife works in Montrose so we bought a house in between Cle and Akr.

Goodyear, First Energy, American Greetings, BoA, Progressive.... that's about it for NEO

AH.. i see.. i work in an unmarked building at easton, taking calls from people that can't do anything for themselves..

37.5 miles one way. Worth every fucking second of travel time to not live crammed up some yuppietwat's subdivision.

Yeah, driving that distance can be a pain, but I can shoot on my property, ride single track, and the roads around here are good riding.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Just as important is which way you're going. An hour to zone out and go 50 miles in no traffic beats the hell out of an hour of stress to go 25 miles in traffic. When I worked in downtown Cleveland I was as pissed off as I was going to be that day by the time I even got to work.

14 miles one way.. man you guys that travel 30 plus miles are HARDCORE

company paid truck and gas is absolutely worth it. Not to mention my job is cake and my salary is amazing for what I do some weeks

Just as important is which way you're going. An hour to zone out and go 50 miles in no traffic beats the hell out of an hour of stress to go 25 miles in traffic

x eleventy billion. My place is 47 miles from my work and 15 miles from my roommates office downtown yet it takes the exact same amount of time to get to our respective offices. With said perks above, I win hands down