What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Looks groovy. Move the BUIS back to the last notch.

That is move all the way back for that site. The pic does make it look a little forward. I have an optic that is quick mounted from time to time. So in wanting that close for eye relief, the iron site has to be all the way back where it should be, the optic butts up to it mounted.

The set up is interesting to look at.

That is move all the way back for that site. The pic does make it look a little forward. I have an optic that is quick mounted from time to time. So in wanting that close for eye relief, the iron site has to be all the way back where it should be, the optic butts up to it mounted.

The set up is interesting to look at.

:confused::confused:

Looks like a MATECH.

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

I set up the reloader.... For the most part. I need a spacer so the auto powder dispenser clears the primer dispenser.

I built a new bench on Sunday and ran some .45 through to decap and expand. Need to pick up some supplies this week to start the stockpiling.

Converted my new (to me) SKS from original stock to a fully 922r compliant SBR (Scary Black Rifle) (Well, SGR... Scary Green Rifle)

Before:

photo4.jpg

922r Conversion parts:

- Tapco stock, Butt and handguard (3 US parts)

- Tapco gas piston (1 US part - compliant now...)

- Sear (1 US Part)

So that's 5 of the 14 BATFE-Recognized "parts" of an SKS that are now US made and 9 that are Chinese made in my "assembled" SKS (assuming chinese mag). I wanted to make the rifle compliant without having to rely on US mags, so I went with the gas piston and sear to ensure it was well compliant even before the mag goes in. As it happens the supplied mag is US made too so that's even better. It is a little unwieldy though so I have 4 tapco 20-rounds mags on their way to me right now.

Here's the After:

photo5.jpg

Never done any "gunsmithing" before so I was a little worried about some of the bits I had to work on to make them fit - basically all revolved around the handguard.

- The handguard needed to be shaved by 1/16 at both ends to being the handguard pin close enough to force a strong fit.

(The pin didn't exactly line up, intentionally, so when the pin went into place it held the endcaps on the even tighter to the handguard - before modifying the handguard the pin hole didn't even line up enough to see any of the hole)

- The pin stuck out too far when it came time to put the upper gas assembly into the rifle. Had to make sure it was set solidly then filed off the excess to allow it to snap down into place

- The pistol grip has to be removed to field strip the trigger group. Will have to modify the pistol grip to allow that to come out without having to carry a ratchet set around with me!

Now everything is pretty close to where I want it. Just need to add a red dot sight and then it'll be perfect for me. I can also readily convert it back to an as-imported SKS if the new AWB does something stupid. My AR is all where I need it to be too, so I have my pre-ban semi-auto rifles and a ton of big magazines in place before the ban to ensure grandfathering.

Next thing to look at: Possibly transferring my rifles to a trust so that I can add new trust members (e.g. pass my rifles on to my son) Using the full-auto trust model, unless the AWB does something stupid about THAT too.

Edited by Scruit

Nice did you figure out how to finish the top so the cloth stays on better? How much would you charge to do 2 5.56 holders for a pmag 30 rounder? Would need them to fit on my spectre belt black or fde would work for color.

Need to go get some epoxy. The top is secure just go sure how much wear it will take before it would start to lift. I could just reglue it if it does but that is not what I want. We shall see how long it holds out.

shoot me a text and we will discuss it.

• Casper unpinned this topic