What i did in guns.

kawi kid

40 Rnds,Wolf 62gr Copper FMJ steel case .223, 10" steel, down hill, 245yds, in the back yard. Too easy. Need to back up or back it up. Also managed to piss off some guy who took it upon himself to walk from wherever he was to around 100 yards from me while i was checking the target, he yells hey!, I said what! How long you gonna be? I'm done! Im on my place Who are you, no reply, who are you, no reply, who are you, he says I'm just trying to figure out if its going to be worth it to try and deer hunt!, I said probably not good since you started yelling! He says well 40 rounds of whatever you're shooting don't help either. I kinda didn't forget it was muzzleloader but fuck the out of towners. I'm ready to brawl with these fuckers. Funny thing is there were two does standing where he walked to and started yelling, before I started shooting.

Edited by Gump

The Mrs. picked up a Kahr CW9 (Thanks Dale!) as her second choice to the Shield, since no one seems to have one available. I picked up a full-size M&P9 to compliment my M&P9c and 1k 9mm.

Then a little range time for break-in...

rented the lc9 at the range, put about 3 rounds through before deciding that I hated it. The trigger pull is ridiculously long. Maybe my fingers are too long, but it actually felt like I was straining my trigger finger. Anyone (todd maybe?) know if the keltec equivalent have a really long trigger pull too?

I tried the glock 26, i liked it but I think i would rather just have the glock 19 if i were to choose between the two. i mean, what's an extra inch in barrel length when concealing? I think the biggest problem for me, unless i'm wearing baggy clothes, is going to be the width... which is why i wanted to try the lc9.

Not Taurus brand fan but Try a Taurus 111. Best trigger pull I've felt on a DA carry gun.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find one around here to try out.

I tried the glock 26, i liked it but I think i would rather just have the glock 19 if i were to choose between the two. i mean, what's an extra inch in barrel length when concealing? I think the biggest problem for me, unless i'm wearing baggy clothes, is going to be the width... which is why i wanted to try the lc9.

The 19 is a nice gun. The LC9 may have the same problem as my Bersa - less mass = more felt recoil = more time to get back on target etc. The Bersa feels like it has more kick than the p226 despite firing a smaller round.

The bersa is definitely easier to conceal - single stack mags. Bear in mind the 19 may wind up an NFA item if Feinstein gets her way (registration $200 tax stamp etc) whereas the lc9 won't be.

The looming bans pushed my wife towards the 19 knowing she could always buy a smaller gun later if it was too big, but could not buy 19 post-ban.

I carry the Bersa IWB in summer where concealment is more difficult, and the p226 OWB in the winter when I can wear a cover garment without looking out of place.

I was very accurate with the lc9, no problems getting back on target, just didn't like the long trigger pull.

My p226 and bersa are both DA/SA and the first trigger pull is long and takes more to pull (unless you manually cock the hammer). Thereafter the trigger is almost nothing. The 19 is a balance between the two. My wife preferred the consistent trigger pull, and medium weight. I'm used to the DA/SA model so it doesn't bother me.

rented the lc9 at the range, put about 3 rounds through before deciding that I hated it. The trigger pull is ridiculously long. Maybe my fingers are too long, but it actually felt like I was straining my trigger finger. Anyone (todd maybe?) know if the keltec equivalent have a really long trigger pull too?

I only own 1 kel-tech its a p3AT .380. It has a long and stiff trigger pull. I think it is because of its size and lack of a safety.

Got a new handgun the other day. Went and got an early model AMT AutomagII. Haven't shot it yet and I am really itching to go. 6inch barrel, 9 shots, 22 magnum. :D

IMAG0190.jpg

Nice! Those are fun guns, I've owned a couple over the years, still regret letting them go. They can be a little finicky with ammo, but both mine ran CCI's like a champion.

Nice! Those are fun guns, I've owned a couple over the years, still regret letting them go. They can be a little finicky with ammo, but both mine ran CCI's like a champion.

I'm in the same boat. I had one probably 10-12 years ago and sold it due to how picky it was. The last few years I have been wanting one again. Found this one locally so I did the deal. Can't wait to get the mini fireball machine out to the range for the first time. :D

My first attempt at Reloading tonight. .38 spl... 158gr plated HP over 3.1gr of Bullseye. Lost a few primers, but no real hang-ups. I'll shoot the first few lefty just in case though. I'm pretty excited about this.

Shot through the home-brew over my lunch break today. 100 flawless rounds. I was extremely impressed with the accuracy. Reloading FTW!

Really looking to invest in reloading. I will be picking your guys brains here in the near future.

Remember where we met for you to pick up the trailer? That guy used to have his entire previous house set up as a reloading place. His range was out his dining room window up to 300yrds. He would make 1-3 rounds, test, rework, test, etc. Litearlly whole house.

He has all the stuff, and I am trying to get him to set it up in his man cave garage area, so he and I can start reloading again. He has customs .223/5.56 rounds for distance, etc. that he swears by for his gun specifically.

Kinda crazy to me, but sounds like it'd save me mad cash.

^^^

That would be sweet! he has a nice set up where he is at. If you ever want to drink some beers and bullshit with him about it I would be more than happy to buy the beer just to lend an ear.

The PF9 is the Keltech I like and we sell a lot of at Delta. I carry one when I'm not dressed well for carry of my G19. It's trigger pull is very nice and completely different than all the other Keltec triggers. It has been at the top of every single stack pocket 9 pistol review in the magazines due to its trigger and size. Far better than the LC, LCP and Bodyguard IMO. We have sold a ton of them with Zero complaints. Also hard to beat for the price, we have 5 more coming this week or next. The trigger is not long and not stupid heavy like many pocket pistols, its also very predictable. You can feel the reset and break.

MJ you are welcome to come to the range with me and try it or if you want you can come by Delta Thursday and borrow it for a few days to take to the range on your time as long as you promise not to cap Howie with it. I don't normally loan out my guns but I would for you ;)

• Casper unpinned this topic